Search for content in message boards

Any info on Sunkel?

Any info on Sunkel?

Posted: 1190220794000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sunkel, Smith
I am just looking to see if anyone on here has any info about my great grandfather and his family. George Sunkel, married to Margaret Smith Sunkel. The only thing I have found on the RRC geneology website is their cemetery records. I believe my great-grandfather ran the grocery chains Piggly Wiggly at the time. If anyone knew him and their family and his information, I would love to hear it (stories, anything!).
Their old house, is now the Clarksville ISD offices, right off the main highway as you drive into town.

Re: Any info on Sunkel?

Posted: 1190356149000
Surnames: SUNKLE, LAWSON
I have a cousin, Ashley Ellett Lawson, b 12/13/1909, d unkn, who married Mary Sunkle(?). Is Mary any relation to your line? --Thanks

Posted: 1190406293000
i'm not sure! I do not know of my great grandfather's siblings. I could not find them on the 1930 census of RRC, but My grandmother (their first child) was born in Clarksville in 1929, so they were there.. and her name is listed on the list of births .
just wanted to see if anyone had some info on them, etc.. would be nice to hear

Posted: 1190668492000
Hello jefrank83,
I have traced the Smith and Sunkel lines back a couple of generations because they are my grandchildren's ancestors. If interested, contact me at black@1starnet.com and I will share what I have.

Posted: 1195779202000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Sunkel, Lawson
Dallas Morning News
April 24, 1968

I'm not related.
Attachments:

Posted: 1249317935000
Surnames: Smith Sunkel
I'm a relative of Margaret Smith Sunkel, so please contact me at daniel -at~ txmountaineer. com if you're interested in exchanging information.

Thanks!
Daniel

Posted: 1249361437000
Surnames: Sunkel
I am not sure - it would be a relative of George Sunkel if they were related

Posted: 1359763882000
Yes - she is the sister to my great grandfather, George Sunkel. I have found more info on their history, back to mid 1700's in Bavarian Germany.

Posted: 1433521156000
Surnames: Sunkel
My grandfather, Heinrich Sunkel was born on May 15, 1905 in Lettenreuth, Germany and he had a brother named George. Their parents were Johann Martin Sunkel, born in 1866, and Philippine Weber Sunkel, born in 1872. They owned the Sunkel Bakery in Lettenreuth and there is still a Sunkel Bakery there today!

If this George is your great grandfather, we are probably related.

Posted: 1433530018000
Sorry, you might be related but that's in need of proof. George in the original posting was born 18 Jun 1904 in Paris, Edgar County, IL to John W. Sunkel and Beatrice Foreman. John W.'s parents were Jacob Sunkel (ca. 1845) and Margaret Burkey (ca. 1849). This Sunkel family arrived on The Hargrave, 10 Aug 1847 in NY. Find them 1860 OH-Muskingum Falls-Image 30 and 1870 IL-Edgar-Buck-Image 14. I'm not related/acquainted and wish that I could clone myself. This is a relatively easy search support by documentation.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic