Search for content in message boards

Rozycki or Ruzycki family based around Lesko or Lisko

Rozycki or Ruzycki family based around Lesko or Lisko

Posted: 1255984427000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ruzycki, Zakrzewska
I am looking for information on Micheal Ruzycki (assume born around 1850), married to Mary Zakrzewska, who had several sons, two of whom, Jan (born 1876) and Stanislaw (born 1879) came to the U.S. around 1902 and settled in Bremond, Texas.

Re: Rozycki or Ruzycki family based around Lesko or Lisko

Posted: 1332882397000
Surnames: Ruzycki Marcinuk
I am researching Alexander John Ruzycki, born Poland 1882, and whose parents I have been unable to find. Alexander immigrated to the US after the turn of the century and married Tekla Marcinuk (my great grandmother). Any idea if we are the same Ruzycki clan?

Posted: 1375073041000
Surnames: Ruzycki, Zakrzewska, Berezik, Nycz, Jodlowski, Golebiowski
If your email still works feel free to contact me with questions. The family surnames you mention are included in my family tree. My family also cam from Lesko and immigrated to Bremons, then on to Thurber, Texas. I have Baptism Testimonials that include a few of your relatives as either sponsors or ancestors.

Posted: 1391549769000
Hi, Daryl. I see my second cousin, Delilah Webb, has already communicated with you. but I don't see a follow up of your comment about baptismal records. I know my Grandfather, Alexander John Ruzycki, had a sister Elzbieta. The info I have has my grandmother, Tekla Marciniuk, as coming from L'viv. I don't know how Delilah found out about Lisko--I'll have to ask her! Who do you have records for?
Sheila

Posted: 1500098475000
Sheila sorry about the long delay and follow up. I am trying to figure this line out, kind of like a piece of sting all tangled up. Note: many of the names that look misspelled are actual spellings written by the priest in Lisko church ledgers I obtained on numerous visit to the Lesko / Sanok when I visit family in the area. I have great pictures of the baptismal records taken on my IPAD making them clear and able to zoom in. Jan Hopcus and Marianna (aka Mary or Maria) nee Nycz-Hopcus most likely married in 1878 or 1879. Marianna then remarried to an Anthony J. Semereski after her first husband Jan died in Thurber, Texas on Jan 19, 1906. Maria and Jan had six children in Lisko now Lesko, Poland. Jan and Maria has twins born on September 15th, 1879 named Josephus and Stanislaus, it lists Jan Hopcus' father as Joannes Hopcus and Jan's mother as a Maria Ruźycki. However on their son Nicholaus's ledger entry it lists Nicholaus's father as Jan Hopcus who was the son of Joannes Hopcus and Jan's mother as Catherina Ruźycka (meaning Catherina hailed from the Ruźycki (male line) family for (female line) the surname changes ending in an "a" as we see in Ruźycka). So Jan had on e mother listed as Catherina and another as Maria. It strange the mother had different first names, but the same surname. Is your head spinning yet?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic