Search for content in message boards

Death Record Search

Posted: 1550028136000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shuckerow, Shuckrow,
Hello,
I am trying to find a death certificate or any kind of death notice for a Patrick Shuckerow. (Spelling could very well vary!) What information I do have is he died possibly April 23, 1894 in Litchfield County, North Canaan. His wife was Ellen Campion *spelling?

I do have a note from the St Joseph cemetery found on Interment.net that states his death year, age place of burial and a note saying he was a native of County Kerry, Ireland.

Any help tracking down a death notice or record would be appreciated. I am trying to break through my brick wall of this generation and need his parents names, or even siblings could help tie the puzzle pieces together!

Matthew

Re: Death Record Search

Posted: 1550233266000
Edited: 1550236204000
Patrick's 1894 obituary is attached, the interesting thing in it for you is that one of the bearers was a Daniel RIORDAN of Hawleyville.

I see from Johanna (Shuckerow) Reardon's 1908 obit that she had a son Daniel who resided in Hawleyville. What a coincidence that would be because Hawleyville is in Fairfield County and not terribly close to Canaan.
Attachments:

Posted: 1550271976000
Hello!
I have been waiting all day to get home and reply to this message! It was such a delight to see this obituary posted to my query! I have been looking for more information regarding Patrick for some time.

I had found census reports and mentions online from the cemetery which he is buried at. I found a note about his marriage to Ellen. I had found information about Johannah a while back too including her obituary, death cert and image of her grave stone.

I always suspected the two were related as they were both residing in Salisbury for a time and both shared the same surname and the same spelling of it which I believe ended up being unique to the family members descending from Patrick of Connecticut.

Now the obit you provided mentioning Daniel! I am totally convinced this was his nephew and that Johannah and Patrick were siblings. It is unfortunate that there is no mention of surviving siblings of Patrick or preceding in death siblings in Johannahs obituaries. I feel i am on the hunt again all thanks to you! What was the source of this obit? I was told that death certs were not required until a few years after Patrick's death so I am not sure ill have luck finding one! I recall trying both the Canaan and North Canaan town clerks with no success.

Hopefully i can use Johannahs death cert to continue the hunt! Thanks so much for the help!

Matthew

Posted: 1561988621000
I just ran across your inquiry. Patrick’s death is found in the North Canaan vital records (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C91S-HKWR?i...). The only additional information to be gained here is that his father’s name was John; his mother’s name isn’t given.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic