Search for content in message boards

Corbitt/ett/it (Cherokee) Ark.

Corbitt/ett/it (Cherokee) Ark.

Posted: 1198263701000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corbitt/Anderson/Matheny/Prince
I have David Samuel Anderson (b:24-12-1833AL) who married Margret E. Corbett (so far no dates) Their children were born in Black River twp Ar, all died there. Buried in Union cem & Hopewell cem Cord, Ar. their dau Sarilla (our g grma) married Wm D Matheny. Lucy Matheny/Prince was (grandma) We have pics ofDavid & Maggie & Sarilla. Story handed down is Maggie was born on the trail of tears. Anyone with info would be a great welcome. Thanks, Donna Maples/Prince

Re: Corbitt/ett/it (Cherokee) Ark.

Posted: 1199818548000
Are you sure that you are posting this in the right Union County? Illinois vs Arkansas?

Posted: 1199821278000
Surnames: Corbit, Anderson & Prince
Yes I am in the right state of Arkansas, Black River is in "Independence co", so is Union Cemetery, where our line of Prince, Matheny, and Prince daughters and their husbands are. Margret Corbit Anderson is full blooded Cherokee. Did you have info to share? Thanks, Donna

Posted: 1199821936000
Donna,

This site is for inquiries pertaining to Union County Illinois research. Are you searching in Illinois or Arkansas?

Thanks,
Mary

Posted: 1199823080000
Surnames: Corbit/ Anderson
I replied to another post asking me the same thing, Union cemetery, Black River Twp, Independence co. Arkansas, The Great great Grandmother Full Blood Cherokee Margret Corbit Anderson gr gr G F David Samuel Anderson. I want to know where the Great Great Grandparents are from.

Posted: 1410495156000
My name is Melissa.
My great-great-great grandparents are Margaret and David. Their son, James Henry, had a son, Roy, had a daughter Betty who had my mother Debra. I have little information on them, but one picture, and an exerpt from a church history book stating Margaret was 100% Cherokee and David(father is William)born in Alabama. Would love to share info! I've officially found 1 confirmed and 2 possible living family members through research :)
Attachments:

Posted: 1535607124000
Id love ANY information you have. I have seen that picture everywhere but would love to know more about it and where it came from.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic