Search for content in message boards

Sokoloff - Theodore Boris and Maria Verkovtseva - Boris, Lydia, Varvara, Natalya

Sokoloff - Theodore Boris and Maria Verkovtseva - Boris, Lydia, Varvara, Natalya

Posted: 1505165179000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1505165349000
I am looking for Theodore and Maria (Verkhovtseva) Sokoloff, parents of Boris (1889), Lydia (Schiller)(1890), Varvara (1892), and Natalya (Rozhdestvensky)(1892).

I am unable to find Theodore so I am wondering if there was possibly a name change and/or if anyone has connections to any of the siblings.

I believe some of the relatives may have relocated to Ukraine, Riga Latvia, and Ukraine.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Re: Sokoloff - Theodore Boris and Maria Verkovtseva - Boris, Lydia, Varvara, Natalya

Posted: 1505170644000
Boris Theodore Sokoloff
B. 12 Nov 1889
D. 18 Nov 1979 Polk, Florida age 90

Re: Sokoloff - Theodore Boris and Maria Verkovtseva - Boris, Lydia, Varvara, Natalya

Posted: 1505171184000
Thank you for the information. I do have quite a bit of info on Boris as well as his descendants...it is Boris' parents and siblings that I am trying to research and locate. And while I have birth dates from old notes, I am unable to find documentation of any sort before the revolution.

I do believe Boris' father (Theodore or Feodor) may have been a lawyer and possibly worked in the Clergy Office for the Navy but I am not positive. Theodore's family may have had a lithograph or printing type business as well.

Thank you again!

I appreciate your help!

Posted: 1505189601000
Dr. Boris Theodore SOKOLOFF came US abt 1928, as a professor; his residence was Nice, France. He petitioned for naturalized 1929.. SS has a different b/date, so hopefully he is same person who d Lakeland FL. He had at least 2 wives.
Do you have reason to believe his parents and siblings came to US?
You might check with the Lakeland Public Library for obit...it may mention siblings.

Posted: 1505241521000
Edited: 1505243253000

Posted: 1505245224000
Hi,
Thank you for the information! I do believe one of Boris' siblings or relatives (Schiller) may have come to the US (Florida) but I can find any links. I do have a great deal of information (books, articles, etc.) regarding Boris after he arrived in the US. As far as his siblings, I believe one sibling, Lydia Schiller's relatives may have come to the US. Nothing is mentioned in obituaries, etc.

From what we can tell in researching Boris and the books he wrote, they lived in Petrograd (Saint Petersburg). And while I can find bits and pieces of Boris in Russia, I can't find anything before the revolution to continue the Sokoloff tree. I did find his sister, Natalya, and her husband in Russia but, once again, I can't locate any information regarding their father, mother and other siblings (Sokoloff). I hope this makes sense. So, my hopes are that someone recognizes the names or dates and some type of link can be made. Thanks for you help!

Posted: 1505245405000
Thank you for sending these links. I have seen them, as well as have them linked in the tree. Boris did some remarkable things, as did his 3rd wife, Alice Hunt Sokoloff. We have been able to trace back Alice's family to the early 1600's. We are stumped on Boris' side of the family though.

Posted: 1505245736000
Have you contacted Boris' son and/or grandkids?

Posted: 1505246204000
Hi,
Yes, I am in contact with his son, his niece, and one of his distant cousins. We are all stuck at the same place. I may be looking for a needle in a haystack, but I am hoping someone will recognize the names/dates.

Posted: 1505251379000
Have you posted on the Eastern Europe board [Ukraine, etc] and/or Western Europe board [France, etc]?

I'll have to admit....never looked at these records
http://search.ancestry.com/Places/Asia/Russia/Default.aspx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic