There is no Ösby parish in Örebro county, but there is a place named Ösby in Sköllersta parish, Örebro county.
There is no August born in July 1877 in the Sköllersta birth records.
Sköllersta (T) C:8 (1862-1885) Image 151 / Page 145 (AID: v53791.b151.s145, NAD: SE/ULA/11356).
There is however an August Nilsson born 1877-07-12 in Osby parish, Kristianstad county.
He is found as farmhand at Hassleröd number 2, he had conscript number "18 9/98" (conscript number 18 of area 9, year 1898), but no sign of him being a regular soldier.
He had come 1900-12-01 from "60 g"(page 60 prev. volume?), and was moved 1914-11-30 to the missing persons list, nothing to indicate how long he had been missing before that.
Osby (L) AIIa:1 (1901-1916) Image 2390 / Page 235 (AID: v252550a.b2390.s235, NAD: SE/LLA/13300).
August, born 1877-07-12 - Population of Sweden 1860-1947 without Rotemannen
First name: August
Birth date: 1877-07-12
Birth location: Röena
Parish: Osby, Kristianstads län
Time span: 1891 - 1900
Source: Osby AI:23 (1891-1900) Image 70 / Page 60
- "torpare" Nils Svensson, born 1846-07-21 Broby, married 1874.
- wife Sissa Persdotter, born 1855-02-17 Röena (Osby parish?).
- d. Bengta, born 1875-10-10 Röena (Osby parish?), emigrated 1896-09-20 to America.
- s. August, born 1877-07-12 Röena (Osby parish?).
- s. Olof, born 1882-09-22 Röena (Osby parish?), died 1899-07-24.
- s. Emil, born 1885-03-02 Röena (Osby parish?).
- s. Axel, born 1887-09-13 Osby.
- s. Ivar, born 1889-11-09 Osby, died 1894-11-15.
- s. Sven, born 1892-01-10 Osby.
- s. Iwar, born 1895-03-11 Osby.
- d. Anna, born 1897-02-04 Osby.
// Bo Johansson