Search for content in message boards

Help with Finding Biological Family

Help with Finding Biological Family

Posted: 1474244519000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1474260443000
Surnames: Brimm, Bowman, East
Hello,

My name is Michelle. I was born in Augsburg, Germany July 25th 1965. I was put up for adoption as my biological mother was single. My biological father was in Augsburg and I am told he was an American GI stationed there. I have no name to go on. I did my DNA and I am quite obviously related to Lucy Brimm who passed away in Patrick, Virginia in 1850. Another direct ancestor is Hettie Jean Bowman, who passed away in 1992. Hettie died in North Carolina. I only know this because of DNA.

I am trying to find biological family and I know they are out there. If anyone can help me it would be great. I also know from DNA that my second cousins mother was Lillie Myrtle East. Lillie passed away in 2011 and my second cousins' profile is set to private.

I can be reached at mroberge725@gmail.com.

Re: Help with Finding Biological Family

Posted: 1474891566000
Hi Michelle.

I used the names you posted and looked for other public trees, and found the one I will link below. It has both Lillie and Lucy but not Hettie. A link (maybe another?) between Lillie and the Bowman's comes from her mother in law, who was a Bowman. Now, it's not uncommon for cousins and 2nd cousins to marry, so perhaps there is another genetic link as well (the tree does not list Lillie's parents or ancestors). The Bowman connection I found would not, of course, be a DNA connection. Interesting note is that Lillie, like Lucy and other Bowmans, is from Patrick County, Virginia. The likelihood of your father being born in Patrick County is pretty high. I would re-post this to Patrick County message board as well (but I think it's good to keep this one here, mods, since the other is a guess) and the Bowman message board too. Someone will be able to help you I think.
By the way, Lillie's profile on this other tree has her first and middle names reversed, but it's obviously the woman you are referring to.
Finally, I hope you are sending private messages to these tree holders, for they might be willing and able to help as well.

http://person.ancestry.com/tree/11093765/person/6079445968/f...

Posted: 1474996069000
Thank you

Posted: 1475096250000
I'm not related-
Here's the findagrave with obit for Lillie Myrtle East Handy Allred.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=2...;

She was the daughter of James M. East and Hattie/Hettie Bowman as near as I can figure. Hattie Bowman appears to have been the daughter of Tom Bowman and Mary Fannie Pell. Hattie had several 1/2 siblings by Fannie's first husband Richard Stevens/Stephens. Haven't been able to find them in the 1900 census to nail things down a little more.

Posted: 1484296476000
Michelle, I did some some searching. There's a Hattie Bowman who was married to a James East in North Carolina. Together they had 2 sons, Vester Monroe East (b. 1927) and Donald Eugene East (b. 1941). Both sons appear to have served in the military but it's difficult to confirm. In 1965 Donald would only have been 24, so who knows? Fold3.com may have more specific military records that could help your search. I know I got several military tidbits about relatives there a while back. Good luck!

Posted: 1486061559000
Edited: 1486063385000
http://main.pughfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/2946/James-E...

http://mtsfamily.com/GEDGEN/grpf4496.html
contact owner of this gedgen

send your email address to me, aurina at frontiernet dot net and i will send u vester and donald sisters obit. if i have the correct family, there were 2 more bros., claude and clay. says mom is hattie bowman east. i also have donalds obit and claudes. i think clay died in 2010 in greensboro, nc

the obit i found for vester just says he died, bethany united meth church cemetery, you can see stone at findagrave
Date: Friday, July 6, 1979 Paper: Greensboro Daily News (Greensboro, North Carolina) Page: 31

none of the obits mentioned military service
per page

Find a board about a specific topic