Search for content in message boards

Avery S. Mustain Gravesite

Avery S. Mustain Gravesite

Posted: 1253732219000
Classification: Query
Recently came across old article in the Register and Bee on revolutionary graves. Avery Mustains was noted as being somewhere between Gretna and Mt. Airy. A photo of the grave stone was also in the article but it was too poor to make out. The article was from 30 May 1976. Does anyone know the exact location of the gravesite.

Re: Avery S. Mustain Gravesite

Posted: 1262370730000
The grave is on a farm that was once owned by the Poole Family. It is on Rockford School Road between Route 40 and Ray Mill Road, on the right about 300 yards if you turn left off of Ray Mill Road from Route 40. There is an old tobacco barn in far left hand side of field near woods. The grave yard is located at edge of woods behind barn.

Posted: 1262475449000
thank you very much. I am a descendant of Avery, and am looking forward to traveling to the site this Spring. Your help is really great.

Respectfully

Randy Starkey

Posted: 1265553875000
I made a mistake on the directions-Please turn RIGHT off of Ray Mill Road and turn right at the next driveway. This will lead you down to the farm where the grave is. You can see the old tobacco barn in the field near the woods to the left as you go down the driveway.

Posted: 1265591494000
Thanks so much. Is the owner of the land close by or a house I should stop at. I hate to just start walking on peoples land and them not knowing.

Randy

Posted: 1265849031000
I think the person living at the house just rents it. You can ask. The last time I went there it was also with a descendant of Avery Mustain, and the renter had no problem with going to the grave site.

Posted: 1305063276000
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Mustain
In case you haven't found the gravesite, pittsylvaniacountyhistory.com shows the grave to be located at 2277 Rockford School Road in Gretna, VA. (5 mi. N of Ray's Mill)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic