Search for content in message boards

Marriage record lookup, Please help

Marriage record lookup, Please help

Posted: 1319752274000
Classification: Query
Ok im trying to hunt down marriage records for a Robert and Agnus Lipsey / Lipsie. I ran into some info some time back and never looked into verifiying it until now. What i have is there possible marriage as....Marriage 1876 oct 23 Williamsport PA
But i have no idea if this is even correct. I know they they were almost certainly married between 1875-80. I also know that Agnus and a number of her childrens Obits read that they were members of the PResbyterian churches in their home towns. Any help would be appreciated!

Matthew

Re: Marriage record lookup, Please help

Posted: 1319822004000
Did not find the marriage record you mentioned,but did find a baptism for James Thomas son Robert and Agnus Lipsey born 12/1/1877 from the Presbyterian Church of Mt.Zion in McIntyre township.A coal mining area in northern Lycoming county at the time.The 1880 census has them in McKean county as a coal miner.

Kim and Bill
LCGS Volunteers(lycominglineage.com)

Posted: 1319856890000
Thanks for looking into that for me! Is it possible for you to send me a copy of that please? Also whats your suggestion as to finding a marriage certificate for them? If their first child was born in 77 and Robert came to America in 75 i think that narrows the range down a little.
Thanks again!
Matt

Posted: 1331660569000
Hi Kim & Bill,
I've also been searching for a marriage record from Williamsport, Lycoming and I've gotten nowhere. The bride and groom are Lucy Kepler of Marsh, PA and Michael Jennings of Williamsport (born in Ireland) around 1911 or 1912. Would you be so kind to check for me? I would really appreciate it. Thank you
Ginny O'Keefe

Posted: 1333122601000
Dear Ginny,
Lucy M. Kepner first married a John Crawford, b. qbt 1875. He was a woodcutter in MyIntyre Twp, Lycoming Co, PA. This makes sense as she was from Marsh Hill, not far from there. They divorced before 1910
Next she married Michael Jennings, b. abt 1878 in Ireland. He died 11 29 1917 of pnuemonia. They had three children, Alma, Nora, and Thomas. Unfortunately we do not have a marriage date for the couple.
Lucy last married Matthew Clapperton, who died around 1931.
Lucy died in 1967 and is buried in Wildwood Cemetery in Williamsport, PA.

bill and kim

Posted: 1333123119000
Hi Bill & Kim,
Thank you so much for the information. I did try to order a marriage cert., but it couldn't be located. Michael Jennings was my grand uncle. I've been having a difficult time finding anything on him. I recently found his date of death and ordered a death cert. How did you find out about his death? Thank you so much for this!
Regards,
Ginny O'Keefe

Posted: 1333351680000
Hi Bill & Kim,
I just joined the Lycoming PA Genealogical Society and they sent me a photo of my grand uncle Michael Jenning's tombstone. I have one question though. On the tombstone it just says Father, Michael Jennings with his date of birth and death date. He was supposed to be married at this time. Wouldn't it have said husband and father? Maybe they didn't do it that way in 1917. Would you know anything about that? Thanks!
Regards,
Ginny

Posted: 1334531434000
There were often separate but side-by-side markers for husband and wife, but they 99.99% of the time said "Father" and "Mother" at the top -- if anything at all other than name and dates.

On the other hand, one of my great-grandmothers' stone gave her final married name and dates, and also named both of her husbands! Picture her two sets of children discussing what to put on the marker.

Posted: 1334765875000
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. That is funny about your great grandmother. I feel better now knowing that it was the custom to just put Father on the tombstone.

Regards,
Ginny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic