Search for content in message boards

County Monaghan Caseys in Scotland

County Monaghan Caseys in Scotland

Posted: 1291496173000
Classification: Query
Been compiling various census records and BMD entries of Casey families who came to Scotland, mine lived in Glasgow, and am happy enough to share with anyone else who is researching similar. Other families connected with mine are Comiskey, McDaid, Marrons, McDonald, Duffy, Cunningham, Woods, Duffy, Farrell and Lynch.

Re: County Monaghan Caseys in Scotland

Posted: 1291912752000
Hello Jamie, Quite new to this, but saw the name Casey and wanted to touch base with you. As far as I know my Caseys didn't go to Scotland, but if you have any leads for me I sure would appreciate your help. My grandfather Patrick Joseph Casey was born in Monaghan Nov. 8, 1872. He was the son of Christopher Casey and Rose Farnan of Monaghan, Carrickmacross I believe. Patrick Joseph was married to Theresa (sometimes see it as Teresa) Mulholland born February 25, 1874 in Carrickmacross. Theresa was the daughter of James Mulholland and Catherine Mortin of Monaghan, probably Carrickmacross. Thank you Jamie, Bobby Potter St Petersburg Fl

Posted: 1291920524000
I remember seeing this family before and went back to check the 1901 Census of Ireland. Christopher and Rose Casey were natives of the neighbouring County Louth but came to live in Carrickmacross @ 1870's, I have them residing at "Evelyn Street" with their daughter Bridget Casey, who was a school teacher.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001133596/

Posted: 1292197652000
Hi Jamie,
Im search the for Michael & Matilda Cunningham from Castleblayney, Co Monaghan.
Micheal born 06/12/1890 emigrated to Merville St/Melville St, Pollick Shields, Glasgow, (resided there approx 1938-40 and maybe for many more years). We think Michael had a son. Also his sister Matilda (Tilly) born 26/10/1897 also emigrated to Scotland. Their father was Hugh Cunningham (Postman) and their mother was Rose Murtagh. Any info much appreciated.

Aidan Deighan.

Posted: 1292265112000
Hugh Cunningham was married twice, first wife was Rose Murtagh and second one was Mary Ann Ward (another County Monaghan surname I am researching strangely enough). Hugh died in the Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow in 1927, his home address is listed as 213 Main Street, Gorbals. Lastly, his parents are listed as John Cunningham, Gardener and Rose Sullivan.

Re: County Monaghan Cunninghams in Scotland

Posted: 1292271094000
Jamie,
Brilliant work, I have never been able to find out where Hugh Cunningham or Mary Anne Died, I've checked all of Ireland!. Their daughter Bridget Josphine bn 02/03/1906 died in Lurgan Co Armagh in 1943, The Sullivan name is one that I had not got so thanks for that also.
Any info on Michael, Matilda or Mary Anne would be much appreciated. If I can help with your research please let me know, I owe you one. Aidan.

Posted: 1292356172000
Just found a marriage record for Matilda Cunningham, she married Patrick Harkin (age 38) on 21st April 1930 at St Johns Church, Portugal Street, Gorbals. At the time of her marriage she was 32 years old, a Tailoress and living at 86 Waddell Street in the Gorbals, both her parents are listed as deceased. I notice from the index that she died in 1965 in Glasgow aged 68, cant get any other details. Am still working on Michael and Mary Anne.

Posted: 1292357985000
Jamie,
What can I say! Great Work, and thanks again for following up on the others, but I'm sure you know my next question,
Had Matilda any Family? If you don't mind me asking where are you getting this info from so fast,
adeighan@eircom.ie

Aidan.

Posted: 1292519243000
Had a few credits from a website that has Scottish Birth Marriages and Deaths so just used them up. Also found Hugh Cunningham living in Lurgan, County Armagh in 1911, before he came to Scotland. He lived at Church Walk, was 53 and a Postman, his second wife Mary Anne Woods was a wee bit younger than him, 33 years old and Bridget Josephine was 5, dont know where the other children were, maybe we will find them in Scotland when the 1911 census is released next year. Here is the link to the census record from Lurgan

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001655184/

Posted: 1292544644000
Jamie thanks for that, I knew that Hugh Cunningham resided at No 36 Church Walk, Lurgan but for some strange reason his 3 daughters from the first marriage resided at No 25 Church Walk - Lizzie, Rosanne and Matilda. Thanks for all your help the search for Michael and Matilda's Family (if any) goes on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic