Search for content in message boards

East Monkton Cemetery (Former Morgan Cemetery), Monkton, Addison Co., Vermont

East Monkton Cemetery (Former Morgan Cemetery), Monkton, Addison Co., Vermont

Posted: 1241098718000
Classification: Cemetery
There now is 323 entries for East Monkton Cemetery, (which was formerly the Morgan Cemetery)..

these can be located at the Free site below:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=10...

surnames:

Algier, Armstron, Atkins, Ball, Barnum, Bates, Baysinger, Beers, Bown, Browne, Bushey, Butler, Chamberlain, Chiverette, Collins, Comstock, Cook, Cota, Cox, Cutting, Dean, Doten, Dow, Eastman, Eaton, Emerson, Green, Hallock, Hastings, Hier, Hollis, Huntley, Kosloski, Lanctot, Lapier, Lawrence, LaGrand, Little, Majarian, Meader, Miller, Morgan, Nash, Nimblet, Palmer, Parent, Pierce, Rice, Rivers, Rockwood, Roscoe, Rutherford, Senna, Sh-m--y, Shattuck, Shepard, Shepherd, Smith, Spooner, Swan, Thomas, Tibbits, Tracy, 2 Unknown, Weller, Wheaton, White, Williams.

Re: East Monkton Cemetery (Former Morgan Cemetery), Monkton, Addison Co., Vermont

Posted: 1241223508000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sawyer, Russell, Jones, Sweet, Coon, Cooper, Guill, Baldwin, Mayflower ppl: Hopkins, Brewster, Soule,...many more..
Thank U again for these although my family (Dad side Sawyer: Grandmother Side: Russell) is still not listed in any.. I have some great neices that died in 1862 Addison co. and one in 1877 Starksboro, Addison co.. also it would be nice to come across my GGrandmother Christiana Russell Sawyer, died abt 1879.. some day maybe. BUT it is possible they do not have a stone either..

U are doing a great deed here for many ppl..

Sence NO ONE else will say THANK YOU, I will.

Barb Sawyer Smithwick

Re: East Monkton Cemetery (Former Morgan Cemetery), Monkton, Addison Co., Vermont

Posted: 1241353563000
Hi Barb
Thanks so much for your message, keep watch as I am adding Monkton Boro Cemetery to Find a Grave now.. will take me a few days to get it all entered.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=22...

Barb D.

Posted: 1241466176000
Surnames: Sawyer, Russell, Jones, Sweet, Coon, Cooper, Guill, Baldwin, Mayflower ppl: Hopkins, Brewster, Soule,...many more..
I see some Russells are here but they would be the childrens son/daughters now.. I wil have to check on them and see who is who.. also Are U close to Jerusalem Cemetery in Starksboro, Addison VT?? that is where some are at.. One Michell Russell b: 1836 d: 23 Aug 1863 from wounds he received in the civil war.. His parents, Joseph and Margaret Russell may be their too. In 1860 they were in Burlington, Chittenden Vermount. I am unsure on how close this is to the cemetery. They did move around a lot back then to different counties.. Find a grave only has 4 listings on this cemetery so I know it does excest.. See here:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GScid=1...;

So If U are out and about later this summer, maybe U can see if their are any headstones for the above Russell's
and Sawyers. Thanks for what U are doing for the rest of us who can not go and find them..
U have a great day!!

Barb in OKlahoma..

Posted: 1241513773000
Hi Barb
Sorry, I don't live near Jerusalem Cemetery in Starksboro, I actually live in Franklin Co., north of this area.. Once in a while I am able to get down in the Addison Co area and work on some of the cemeteries down that way.. but it's not too often..
The Boro cemetery, I still have a few more entries to do, and I'm not sure if there are any of the surnames mentioned in it or not..

I will keep Starksboro area in mind and maybe this summer it could be possible to find this cemetery.

Barb

Starksboro cemeteries

Posted: 1241524801000
Hi Barb,
I don't see any Russell in Jerusalem but you might check this site of Starksboro cemeteries.
also Buel's gore has a lot of South Starksboro families. http://www.starksborohistoricalsociety.org/html/cemeteryproj...
Good luck, Alan

Re: Starksboro cemeteries

Posted: 1241557507000
Their is a Michel Russell in that cemetery AND my 2nd great grandfather Warren Sawyer!! And some others that I need to check on as the names/dates are not what I have.. Big surprise.. WOW!! So THANK YOU Alan!!

U did find out my 2GGrandfather's death date and that is GREAT!! Possibley 2GGrandmother too as in Minnie M. (Maria?)Sawyer.. We never know what name they went by other than the birth name so this could be her..

THANKS again Alan!! It always takes others for the right link to the right place!!

U sir, have a great day!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic