Search for content in message boards

Searching for Hennings(Henningsen)

Searching for Hennings(Henningsen)

Posted: 1025034915000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hennings (Henningsen)
According to naturalization request papers, Scott Co. IA, my g'gpa Heinrich Joseph Hennings is from Holstein. His birthday is circa Nov. 1839. According to census, he arrived in US in 1870. His brother, Hans Jacob, is listed in his naturalization request papers as from Dithmarschen. It's been said the two came together. Looking thru Germans to American, 1870, the only listiing is for H and H Henningsen, apr. 21 on the Silesicia (Hamburg Line). No other records show any further data regarding town or burrough they were from. My g'gpa settled in Crawford Co. IA. I'm now at a lost as to how and where to proceed.
Thankyou for any help.
Pat Sterner

Re: Searching for Hennings

Posted: 1225584139000
I am attempting to put together some information about my ancestors on my paternal side. I have gone back as far as my great-grandfather. His name was Detlef Hennings and he immigrated to the US (Illinois) after WWI. He served in the German army during WWI. He died from a farming accident at about age 24. I believe he came from central/northern Germany. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Re: Searching for Hennings

Posted: 1225711979000
Surnames: HENNINGS/ADEN
Good Morning,

I have a few Hennings in my database. Willing to share information to see if we are connected

Re: Searching for Hennings(Henningsen)

Posted: 1228797362000
Patty, this may be him:

Hennings, Hinrich

27 July (that would be his birthdate)

s of Johann S. (who married) Antje (Anna) née Struve.
Accused (in 1878) of illegal emigration or of not showing for military service. Reserve soldier. Farmer. He was said to be in America then.

USA (where he emigrated to)

This information is from here: http://www.rootdigger.de/Emi.htm
per page

Find a board about a specific topic