Search for content in message boards

How do I locate a death record from 1858 in Goodhue County?

How do I locate a death record from 1858 in Goodhue County?

Posted: 1538140457000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roat, Delemeter
My 2nd great grandmother is Julia Augusta Roat who was born December 1838 in New York. I have not found any record that lists her parents names but all the Family Trees I've located on Ancestry list her mom as Amy Delemeter born 1793 in New York. I have found a Find A Grave record on Ancestry that lists a Amy Roat who died December 19, 1858 in Goodhue County, Minnesota. If this is the correct person she may have been married to a Jeremiah Roat. I don't want to accept information from other Family Trees until I have facts and verification to back up the details.

I am trying to locate an obituary, death record etc, that may list husband and children she had.

Anyone here able to point me in the right direction or if you're able to locate a record and tell me what information it has?

Thank you,
Delayne

Re: How do I locate a death record from 1858 in Goodhue County?

Posted: 1538406096000
what do you know about her and her family? Where did they live? I checked out the findagrave listing and I think they got the month wrong. I think the grave states Feb instead of December. Is the last name spelled any other way? What cities do you think they lived in?

Posted: 1538446126000
Thank you for the reply! I will get my information all together and post it here in the morning...

Posted: 1538498789000
records from that time are going to be difficult to find. You can check with the county to see if they have any records but you may have to pay for the research. It doesnt appear their records go back as far as you need but you should check to see if they have any. https://co.goodhue.mn.us/374/Death-Certificates

Posted: 1538521909000
I finally got my information together and I hope it makes sense ~~

Julia Augusta Roat (2nd great grandmother) born December 1838 in New York. She died November 25, 1906 at Todd County, MN.

Julia married William David Wheeler born about 1831 in New York. They had 1 child together: Fred E. Wheeler born January 25, 1863 in Minnesota. He died February 1, 1945 in Los Angles, CA.

After William Wheeler Julia married Charles Noble Sanders born July 11, 1841 at Macy, Oneida, NY and died November 5, 1912 at Burtrum, Todd, MN.

Children with Charles Sanders are:
Charles Albert Sanders born May 20, 1871 at Goodhue, Goodhue, MN and died January 22, 1906 at Todd County, MN

William O. Sanders born November 1872 at (probably) Goodhue, MN and died BEF. May 28, 1949.

Clara B. Sanders born November 10, 1874 at Goodhue, Goodhue, MN and died AFT. May 28, 1949.

Julia Asenoth Sanders born September 30, 1876 at Goodhue, MN and died January 19, 1921 at Hennepin County, MN. She married Frank McJunkin.

Eva May Sanders born July 1879 at Big Stone County, MN and died December 4, 1960 at Rice Lake, Barron, WI. She married Orlando Calvin Greene.

Harry Parlin Sanders (my great grandfather) born November 17, 1880 at Appleton, Swift, MN and died May 28, 1949 at Muskegon, Muskegon, MI. He married Myrl Young (adoptive name) but birth name was Alnora Louise Feis.

I have Amy Delemeter listed as Julia's mom but no records to back up or prove this other than Family Trees on Ancestry.com. I have Amy being born 1793 at New York. and Julia's father listed as Jeremah Roat and again no records to back this up or prove it.

I have a lot of additional information on Harry Parlin Sanders family line but this is everything I know on the rest of the family.

I will greatly appreciate any help or information anyone can provide.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic