Marriage of Mary Jakubowski & William R. Knippel (1956)
Transcribed from the Wausau Daily Record-Herald Mondy July 9, 1956
Mary Jakubowski Weds W.R. Knippel
Following a week's trip to an undisclosed destination, Mr. and Mrs. William R. Knippel, local young couple, will make their home at 1017 Holub St. Mr. Knippel, son of the Walter Knippels, 730 Washington St., claimed Miss Mary Jakubowski as his bride Saturday morning in St. Michael's Catholic Church.
The daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Jakubowski, 620 N. Second Ave., was given in marriage by her father in the 9:30 a.m. ceremony performed by the Rev. John J. Krasowski. The bridegroom is an employe of the Record-Herald.
Breakfast for the bridal party and the couple's parents was held later at the home of the bride's sister, Mrs. Roger F. Rasmussen, 631 1/2 Turner St. A buffet dinner for 75 persons and a reception for an additional 25 or more guests was held in the Crystal Ballroom of the Hotel Wausau.
The bride and her aides entered the church to a wedding march played by Sister Mary Hermandin at the organ. There were bouquets of white gladioli and blue carnations on the center altar to indicate the bridal color theme.
The gowns of Miss Tilda Mohr, the maid of honor, and Miss Patricia Seubert, also of Marathon, who served as bridesmaid, were of white starched embroidered net over powder blue taffeta. The molded bodices had modified scoop necklines extending into a V at the back.
The brief sleeves and the pointed mitts of the embroidered material also were lines with taffeta. The narrow waistlines were accented with a wide cummerbund of matching taffeta culminating in two long streamers down the back of the full skirts, which fell in deep flares to floor length.
They wore tiaras of looped sequin braid, in powder blue, spiked with pearl centers. The aides held tailored bouquets of white carnations and blue daisies, the streamers being caught with the latter blower. Miss Mohr is employed here at WSAU-TV and Miss Seubert at the Wisconsin Public Service Corp.
Holding a prayer book topped with white daisies and red Sweetheart roses in shower effect, the bride was attired in a gown of white nylon sheer over slipper satin, featuring a full circular sweep train. The molded bodice was pointed into the bouffant skirt and the scoop necline was outlined with a wide border of Venice lace.
The lace was repeated on the short sleeves and in a band encircling the hipline and extending at the back to the hem. The skirt further was adorned with two wide loose panels of nylon sheer floating from the hipline at the sides. Satin-covered buttons closed the bodice back and the tapered elbow-length mitts.
Her veil of French silk illusion cascaded to her finger-tips from a Queen's crown of lace solidly encrusted with iridescent sequins in floral motifs that were studded with pearls and outlined with seed pearls.
Raymond Knippel, Ft. Lewis, Wash., served as best man and another brother of the groom, Andrew Knippel, 712 Chicago Ave., was the groomsman. Ushering were Roger Rasmussen and James Alft, the latter of Wausau Route 2.
The bride's mother was escorted to her place wearing a dress of blue and yellow polished cotton accented with a matching duster of imported voile. Her accessories were white and her corsage was of yellow roses and white carnations. The groom's mother wore a light blue rayon dress with a darker blue stripe, featuring a scoop neckline. Pink roses and white carnations formed her corsage. White bows marked the family pews.
At the reception punch was served by the Misses Anne Jakubowski and JoAnn Jacoboski, sister and cousin, respectively, of the bride.
Out-of-town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Gola, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Earlyn Sheldon, Madison; John Sniegoski, St. Paul; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Polluck, Chicago; Miss Carol Knippel, Madison; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Knippel, Merrill; Mrs. Gertrude Goulette, James Goulette and Mrs. Germaine De Baker and children, Mary and Mark, Green Bay, and Raymond Knippel, Ft. Lewis.
(Sorry, I don't know this family)