Search for content in message boards

Bohemia

Bohemia

Tom Kuncl (View posts)
Posted: 988027200000
Classification: Query
Surnames: KUNCL, VIKTOR
Searching for information about Vaclav Kuncl, married to Marie Capek, 1901 in Mirotice. Came to US in 1903 and settled in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Also seeking information regarding Viktor family and Jakob Viktor who came to US in approx 1864, settling first in New Ulm, Minn with descendents John Viktor moving to Cedar Rapids in early 1900's. Not know where in Bohemia Viktor family came from. Any information greatly appreciated. Am going to Czech Republic in September in hopes of locating any Kuncl or Viktor family still there.
Posted: 1006287375000
Edited: 1006751131000
Surnames: Viktor
Tom- Did you find anything? I am a decendant of John Albert Viktor and have been trying to put together some info myself.

Re: Bohemia kuncl - kuncel

Posted: 1191077726000
Hello,
I am interested in learning more about your Kuncl connection to Mirotice. I have Kuncel in my tree from Mirotice.
Thank you
Jennifer Stern
Brooklyn NY
Posted: 1356878241000
Hello Tom,
My name is Jennifer. I wrote to you some time ago about your surname. Today I am writing to you, because I think I have a connection. I have been trying to find ancestors and descendants of my mother's mother's family. The originally came from Mirotice. A "cousin" of my mother found me a few years ago. He put together a nice size tree mainly from the Czech online archives. He taught himself to read the old script. I tried, but would need a translator. Anyway, I have the following information. Do you think it is part of your family? I look forward to hearing from you, Jennifer
Descendants of Vaclav Capek

1 Vaclav Capek
.. +Katerina Vokaty
..... 2 Josefa Capkova b: 19 Mar 1867 in Mirotice Pisek Bohemia Czechoslovakia d: 17 Apr 1944 in Cicero Cook County Illinois
......... +Frank Dubsky b: 1861 d: 20 Jun 1932 in Chicago Cook County Illinois
............. 3 Mary Dubsky b: 1891 d: 1954
............. 3 Frank Dubsky b: 1893
............. 3 Emma Dubsky b: 1898 d: 1988
............. 3 Willam Dubsky b: 1900
..... 2 Marie Capkova b: in Mirotice Pisek Bohemia Czechoslovakia
..... 2 Vaclav Capek b: in Mirotice Pisek Bohemia Czechoslovakia
..... 2 Anton Capek b: in Mirotice Pisek Bohemia Czechoslovakia

Re: Bohemia

Posted: 1492460040000
Hi Jennifer-
I have recently started researching my Kuncl family line and would love to know more about what you have found. I have been told Mary (Marie) Dubsky was married to Voclav or Vaclav Kuncl and are my 2x great grandparents. I only ever knew them to live in Pisek, Bohemia and then Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I can't seem to find anything about Mary Dubsky. They had a son named Joseph Frank Kuncl. I'm curious to learn if my family might have the wrong last name for Mary. I had found a Marie (Mary) Chapek or Capek married to Wencil Vaclav Thomas Kuncl.

Re: Bohemia

Posted: 1492460225000
Hi Tom-

I'm hoping you are still looking at this and can help me on my search for my Kuncl side. I have found that Vaclav Kuncl and Marie either Dubsky or Capek are my 2x great grandparents. Had a son Joseph Frank Kuncl who married Effie E Reed. I know Joseph was born 1899 and stories have been passed down that he came over with his dad and stepmom, but I can't find any proof of that. Any info you have would love! I'm in VA, but my father is from CA which is where his parents settled and his grandfather and a brother of Joseph had settled.
Posted: 1492507782000
As someone pointed out in another post, when the person's name is no longer in blue, it seems to indicate that they are no longer a subscriber, and may not see your response.
Posted: 1492520079000
I would love to make a definite connection here.
These are not my directly lines, Capek and Dubsky.
However Kuncl or Kuncel is, but I only have two names from the late 1700 and early 1800.
Have you taken the Family Finder Family Tree DNA test? That would be a great start to see who you are matched with and perhaps if it is me, then we can research this further.
Please keep in touch, nyjrs56@aol.com

Jennifer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic