Search for content in message boards

John Craig

John Craig

Dave Craig (View posts)
Posted: 1118171004000
Classification: Query
looking for the parents of John Craig born 1810. he show up on Greene Co., Pa. census.

Re: John Craig

rebecca rhoney (View posts)
Posted: 1118185028000
Surnames: CRAIG
After many years of looking it seem I am tied to the line of which William Craig who moved to Burke(Caldwell County) Co.in the 1700s. He was one of the Craig Brothers Three
who moved from Richmond Va.,to N.C. William was the son of John who was born Westfield,N>J> possibly and John was the son of Andrew and Susanna. Andrew was the imergrant of the branch of Craigs and came to this county in 1684,We know one John came to Bumcomb co. and was shot by Henry West ,he was a sailor Henry was ans had a deformed foot this is what convicted him ,but he had good friend in the Deocratic party and they got the governor to give him a pardon
his wife raised her family a lone,John help establish morris town which became Ashville N.C.,He was a banker with two men who where his security.
The first one in my line to come to cLEVELAND CO., WAS AARON CRAIG WHO MARRIED SALLIE,Sary,Sarah her last name is given the same as his Gage in his will.
Aaron and Sary had these children Nancy,William,Aaron 2, Keziah(kezzie) and Besty,William married Catherine Self ,Elijah Self daughter and Aaron and catherine inherited the farm ,located just west of the Lincoln County line accordiing 1886 tax sheet of Cleveland,this farm was east of hwy 18 near ST Peters Methodist Church,the couple are buried at St. Peters ch. along with other family
their children were John,oldest of william and catherine children,they lived in Lincoln and upper cleveland county,and are buried at Laural Hill Church along with other family members Hwy.10 and 18 John Kelly,William Luther Thomas Wesley,Andrew Deaver,Alice Olivine,Noah Gathier,Dora Katheriine,Elsie Sifine,Major Hartsel and Grovern Fred ,Which is my grand father,whom I loved so very much ,he and grandmother Craig wher alway glad to see the children come home 11 of them,grandchildren and great..plus every one at hulls grove church that gren up in that church knew Mrytle Lail Craig as grand maw Craig she died at age 94 b in June 190 3? .....Grover has grand children who are law officer, Nurses,Wood Carver,maker of some nice instruments,ONe sone help start and Church, Gainesville,Lincolnton ,nc.,a Dairyman and Farmer, ,a cobbler of shoes beautiful saddles,they had a band,grand pa was the announcer,girls sang,dance,GIrls who design and maked some of the prettiest clothiing and crochet,Quilt, made apron ,baker the best Apple pie you ever put in your mouth,West Lincoln Rescue was one of the Craig family has 20 years in so far,Trucker driver with thier own business,Jelly,Candy,Cake,maker, novities of hand bags hat,shaws, christmas stockiing, pottery,and one of Major son Burlon and his son and grand son Dwaye Craig mke beautifull pottery the face jug,burl, farmed and work ed in factory and his wifew Irene worked with her daughter law and well as yours truly in the old Franks Hosiery mill which now 321 hwy, these were and are my family,i am metting new cousin send me a card 741 Hulls grove church ,Vale,nc 28168, I want to know a lot of you before I died Hey if your a craig and Love you,My grandmother Lail her line start in Number 3 chapter 24 verse the son of lael,lail laigle, John Gearge Lail,Burke co,st. Johns church cem. A Craig reunion wwill be held in Sept 25,2005 at Hulls Grove Church 1-til hwy 27 juction 274 Lincoln county nc,come one come all hickory and lincolnton ,cherryville,Shebly all near even Charlotte is couple hours drive....Becky

Re: John Craig

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 1119485968000
John Craig born 1810 married Ann Coin April 29, 1830 in Commonwealth of Virginia and records of his marriage are in Monongalia Co. Wv. John and Ann lived in Greene Co.and Monongalia Co. Wv
per page

Find a board about a specific topic