Search for content in message boards

Smith Family in Bastrop County

Smith Family in Bastrop County

Posted: 1174683431000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Hendrix
I'm looking for information on Louis or Lewis Smith (b ~ 1802 in GA) and his wife Elizabeth Unknown (b ~ 1804 in Georgia). I've found a death certificate for a Mrs. Louis Smith who died on 24 Jul 1905 at the age of 1001 (I'mm assuming this means one-hundered and one) years, 5 months & 25 days. This would put her birth as 29 or 30 Jan 1804 depending on how one counts.

Their children include Eliza Smith, Frances Jane (Smith) Hendrix, who married Daniel Clary Hendrix, Edwin James Smith of Titus County (my line), Mary Smith, Erasmus Smith of Leon County, William Jasper Smith of Bastrop County and Rachel Missouri (Smith) Hendrix, who married George W. Hendrix.

If any of this sounds familiar, I'd love to share information.

Best Regards!
Daniel

Re: Smith Family in Bastrop County

Posted: 1175527198000
I do know some descendants of Daniel Clary Hendrix. Some of his history can be found in the book, "Watterson Folk of Bastrop County, Texas." Do you have this book?

Posted: 1175783942000
Surnames: Smith
I am also researching Lewis Smith as he is my ggg-grandfather. He had one other child, John H Smith, that you did not include in your posting and this is my line. I found the Hendrixes and Smiths in Baldwin County, Georgia 1950 census prior to some of them moving to Bastrop County, Texas. John H Smith was married in Baldwin County and shows up with his wife in the census of her family. I would like to share information if you wish to contact me directly.

Posted: 1179691493000
I sent you an email from my main account, daniel -at- txmountaineer -dot- com. I didn't know about John until recently, but I suspected his existance based on the Lewis Smith entry in the 1830 Wilkinson Co, GA census. My ancestor is Edwin James Smith, John's younger brother. Send me an email and we can exchange information!

By the way, I'm living in Fort Worth, TX and recently made contact with several of the Hendrix family still living in Bastrop Co. I believe that I know where Elizabeth & Louis are buried, but I don't have much information on John.

Best Regards!
Daniel

Posted: 1179691700000
There's a copy of the book in the Fort Worth Public Library, so I've done some research with it. Thanks for your help!!

Posted: 1326307639000
Re your post below: my husband is the great great grandson of Erasmus Smith/Philistian Weaver. I found her grave in Leon, Texas (Brushy Creek Cemetery.) Do you have any add'l info on Erasmus

Posted: 1326858684000
I've found some of Erasmus' living descendants down in the Houston area, but was stalled in my research before I've gotten to speak with any of them. Are you part of Alvin's line?

Thanks!
Daniel
desmith03 ~at. yahoo 0dot0 com
(wrote the email address so that spammers can't scan for it)

Posted: 1326891456000
Yes...my husband's father was Donald George Smith, his father was Alvin Smith (wife Georgia), and Alvin's father was Thomas Pleas Smith, son of Erasmus...as far as I can tell. My husband received a phone call some time ago from someone looking for relatives. The caller was from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. He misplaced the phone number so was not able to return the call....this wasn't you was it?

Donald George Smith Sr. is buried in Lawndale Cemetery in Houston, Alvin & Georgia are in Brookside, I think Thomas is somewhere around Bay City and Erasmus is possibly buried with his wife Philistian up in Leon county.

Posted: 1326942264000
Edited: 1326942435000
That was me. :)

Send me an email at daniel .at. txmountaineer &dot& com and we can share info.

Thanks!
Daniel

Posted: 1327341479000
Sent you a test message....don't know if you got it or not. My email is krsmith0516@gmail.com. Send confirmation that you got the email and maybe we can share phone numbers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic