Yes, Wanda. I believe we are talking about the same Hiram Beagle. I concur with your reference to Hiram's marriage to Deborah Morris in Vermillion County Illinois in 1842. I have record of three children born of this marriage: Sarah, Irena and Noah.
On July 17, 1849, Hiram remarried in Fountain County Indiana (I'm not sure what happened to Deborah). This marriage was to Martha J. Lang. Of this union, I show the following children were born, based on census records: Mary, Mahala, Emma, Amanda, James, Martha, Nancy, Hester and Lucinda.
Emma Beagle married John H. McKee on April 21, 1881 in Sullivan County, Indiana and was my second great grandmother. Emma was born in Illinois in May 1854 and died on January 20, 1914.
The following reference makes note of Merom House (or Beagle House as it was known for a time):
"One of the famous hostelries of early Merom was a hotel, referred to today as the Old Merom House (possibly it was the Keary Tavern of 1860). It was opened in 1825 by D. McDonald, who advertised it as the former home of D. Ferguson. The land on which the building was erected in 1822 was originally owned by John White, who entered it in 1816. From 1869, it was known as the Beagle House, as members of the Beagle family operated it for several decades. In fact, when the old house was torn down in 1940, the owner (Harold Mahan, a grandson of Hiram Beagle) had given his name to the structure, as it was known as the Mahan House." (From book "Waiting for the Moment" by Louise Booth) While she is too young (at nearly 90 years old) to remember her grandmother, Emma, my great aunt does remember Hester Beagle Mahan, her husband Abram and their son, Harold.
Let me know if you would like any additional information on the McKee branch of the Beagle tree.
I believe that Hiram Beagleâ€™s father is James Beagle. My logic concerning James and Hiram are as follows:
(1) The James Beagle listed in the 1820 Harrison Co., KY census, the1830 Washington Twp, Wayne Co., IN census; the 1840 Vermillion Co., IL census; and the 1850 Troy Twp, Fountain Co., IN census are all the same person
(2) James was born in Virginia according to the 1850 census and his wife was born in Kentucky. The Kentucky Marriages to 1850 has a James Beagle married Jane Bolen on Jun 14, 1820. Hiram was born in Kentucky. (Note: There is only one James Beagle listed in the 1820 Federal census and it is in Harrison Co., KY.)
(3) Sometime between 1822 and 1828 (when William R. was born) the family moved
to Wayne Co., Indiana.
(4) James moved to Vermillion Co., IL, sometime after his son Jacob (born abt. 1839) was born and before the 1840 Vermillion Co., IL census was taken. Hiram Beagle was living with his father at the time of the 1840 Vermillion Co., IL census (James had a son age 15-20 in 1840) and married Deborah Morris 2 years later, when he was 19.
(5) Both Hiram and James moved to Troy Twp., Fountain Co., IN by the time of the
1850 census (Hiram probably moved between 1847, when his son Noah was born in
Illinois and July 17 1849, when Hiram married Martha J. Lang in Fountain Co., Indiana.)
Hiramâ€™s spouses and children according to my records are as followsâ€
Hiram m. Deborah Morris, January 14, 1842, Vermillion Co., IL
(1) Sarah Jane Beagle, b. November 14, 1842 in Illinois; m. 1861 Albert Baird
(2) Irena (Arena?) Beagle, b. abt. 1844; m. March 13, 1868 in Vermillion Co., IL, Ephraim Ellis
(3) Noah W. Beagle, b. abt. 1847
Noah Beagle, Wolcott's Mills, Indiana enlisted as a Private on March 26, 1864, in Company A, 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment Indiana; mustered out on January 13, 1866.
Noah Beagle is listed as attending Wolcottville (Indiana) Young Ladies Seminary, 1852-53. (The school enrolled males as well as females.)
Source: Indiana Source Book: Genealogical Material from the Hoosier Genealogist, 1967-1972, ed. Willard Heiss, Indiana Historical Society, 1981, Vol. 2, pp. 191-192.
Hiram Beagle m. Martha J. Lang, July 17, 1849, Fountain Co., Indiana
(1) Lucinda M. Beagle, b. December 9, 1851; d. February 9, 1879; bur. Merom Cemetery.
(2) Mary A. Beagle, b. July 1852, Indiana; d. aft. 1910.
(3) Ellen (Mahala?) Beagle, b. abt. 1853, Indiana; d. bef. 1910.
(4) Emma S. Beagle, b. May 1854, Illinois; m. John Howard McKee, April 21, 1881, Sullivan, Sullivan Co., Indiana; d. January 20, 1914.
(5) Arminda Samantha Beagle, b. November 14, 1855, Illinois; m. Lewis Colvin, November 25, 1874, Sullivan Co., Indiana; d. March 28 1933; bur. Merom Cemetery.
(6) James Riley Beagle, b. May 15, 1857, Illinois; d. October 11, 1877; bur. Merom Cemetery
(7) Martha Ellen Beagle, b. 1861, Illinois; m. Scott Thompson, September 11, 1879
(8) Nancy Catherine (Kate) Beagle, b. 1861; d. March 7 1929, Sullivan Co., Indiana; bur. Merom Cemetery.
(9) Hester Rebecca Beagle, b. abt. 1866, Illinois; m. Abram E. Mahan, January 3, 1895, Sullivan Co., Indiana
There are two Bolen families in the 1810 census in Harrison Co., KY: John and William. It is not clear which is Janeâ€™s father.
Arminda Samantha Beagle was my great grandmother.