Search for content in message boards

Miller/McGuire/Fouts

Miller/McGuire/Fouts

Posted: 1078445528000
Classification: Query
Looking for Wesley F. Miller who wed Emeline C. McGuire on Sept. 20, 1859 in Muskingum, Ohio. Wesley's father John Miller was born in 1818 possibly in Muskingum or Morgan County. I have to determine if John is the son of John Miller or David Miller. It is believed that Sarah Fouts married John Miller b. abt. 1776 and married his son David b.1797 in Va or Ky. Can not determine if my ggggrandfather John is David's son or John 1776's son. Would also like to confirm David's parents, pretty comfortable with John as father but I have no mother. Love to hear from anybody on these folks.

Re: Miller from Muskingham, and Knox county, Ohio

Posted: 1086579750000
Surnames: Miller
I am researching the identity of a George Miller (who showed up in 1810 census of WA Co, PA, as being born 1765) who had a will of 1835 probated in Washington county, Pennsylvania. He gave land to sons, and the land was back in Ohio: Muskingham 'adj. land of Frred. Henderson' and land 'adj. land of Matherw Chory'. Also believe this same George Miller was listed on the 1798 direct tax list of Washington Co., PA.
So, for some reason George, who died 1835 in PA, once lived in Ohio and at those counties. We wish to see if you know of any Millers who remained in Ohio who knew this line and could shed some light on the lack of knowlege we have on this George Miller. thank you.
Will said his wife was Mary, and sons were George, robert, Hugh John and daus. were Jane (who married an Eliott) and Nancy (who married a Reed.)

Re: Miller/McGuire/Fouts

Posted: 1168714777000
Surnames: Miller-McGuire-Emrich-Moore-Gorby
I just saw this query of about 3 years ago. I am researching this line/family. Wesley Miller and Emmaline McGuire are gr gr grandparents of mine. If anyone can connect with me I would appreciate hearing from you.

Posted: 1168719597000
Hi,
I'm Wesley and Emmaline's gr gr granddaughter as well. My line is from their son Albert and Dora Miller, then their son Harry and Edith Miller to their Daughter(my mom) Dorothy.

Which line are you in?

Christine

Posted: 1168719678000
Surnames: Miller/McGuire
Hi,
I'm Wesley and Emmaline's gr gr granddaughter as well. My line is from their son Albert and Dora Miller, then their son Harry and Edith Miller to their Daughter(my mom) Dorothy.

Which line are you in?

Christine

Posted: 1168719780000
Surnames: Miller/McGuire/Fouts
Hi,

Which line are you in?

Christine

Posted: 1168721574000
I Have info on two Miller brothers William Henry and Albert who married Dora Ragor. Willing to share info. My line is the Dora Ragor family. Have a lot of info on the Ragor family. William H also married a Ragor girl
Thanx
dug kreis
Zanesville, Ohio

Posted: 1168721608000
I Have info on two Miller brothers William Henry and Albert who married Dora Ragor. Willing to share info. My line is the Dora Ragor family. Have a lot of info on the Ragor family. William H also married a Ragor girl
Thanx
dug kreis
Zanesville, Ohio

Posted: 1168723650000
Surnames: Miller/Ragor
Hi,
Would love some info on the Ragor line...I'm a little light down that side of the family. My mom was named after Dora, her grandmother. I was able to find where the Miller brothers married the Ragor sisters but again I seemed to hit a wall on the Ragor's.

Is there any info I can help you with? Info I have is out on the tree. My research included interviews, personal documents and snooping thru the Ohio historical society's vaults.

Thanks,
Christine Rittenhouse
Galena, Ohio

Posted: 1168724901000
email me directly at
dugkreis@columbus.rr.com, I have a large file on Ragor's. I do not however have a lot of info on Dora and Alberts children, some but not a lot
Regards
dug kreis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic