Search for content in message boards

Transcript of Will of Peter Hudson, dated 7 Ovt 1752, Halifax Co, VA

Transcript of Will of Peter Hudson, dated 7 Ovt 1752, Halifax Co, VA

Reginald L. Vassar (View posts)
Posted: 1104693409000
Classification: Query
Transcript of Will of Peter Hudson, dated 20 Mar 1753, Halifax Courthouse, VA, Book 69, pages 136-138
(Father of Peter Hudson, "SR" Will dated 20 Oct 1803)

In the name of God Amrn, I Perter Hudson of the County of Halifax being in perfect Mind and Memory blessed by Almighty God for the same do make constitute and Ordain this my last Will and Testament, and desire it may be received as such. First and Principally I commend my soul to Almighty God in hopes of a blessed Rep.... at the last Day and trusting in the Mercy of my Blessed Redemer for the Remission of all my sins I commit my body to the Earth and desine to be Interned in such becoming manner as my Executor hereafter mentioned shall think proper.
A............ Worldley Goods that God of his Mercy has been pleased to bestore on me, I Give in manner following.

.......... I give & bequeath to my Eldest son (Peter Hudson) Four Hundred----- Acres of land in Lunenburg County and ... Stanton River beginning on said Stanton River at a .......... Sandplace then a strait...... To a Walnut Tree on the West side of a new Tobacco House and hence forward to make the above Four Hundred Acres the ...... . Land is the upper part of my ......in the County aforesaid which said Land I give to him his Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son William Hudson Four Hundred Acres of Land on the North ....Stanton River in the County of Lunenburg beginning at the ....... and joining Peter Hudson ......................Stanton............thr mouth of Buffalow Creek then up the said Buffalow as high as a branch that is known by the name of Benajers branch thence up the said Benajers branch to conclude the above said four hundred acvres which said Land I give to him, his Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son James Hudson a certain Track or parcel of Land containing by estimation four hundred acres be the same more or less in the County of Lunenburg and on Stanton River brginning at the mouth of the aforesaid Buffalow Creek thence up the Creek to a line of ......... Trees thence on the said line....................of Buffalow and Stanton River , which said Land I give to him, his Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son Daniel Hudson a certain Tract or parcel of Land containing by estimation Four Hundred Acres be the same more or ........ Lying and being in the County of Halifax and on the Stanton River and bounded as follows Viz Beginning at the mouth of a Creek called Beaver Creek thence up the said Creek as it ........ and thence all the land that I purchased on the south side said Stanton below the mouth of the said Beaver Creek which said Land I give to Him his Heirs, and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son David Hudson Four Hundred Acres of Land in the County of Halifax it being ... on Stanton River also and ... includes the plantation whereon I now dwell and Beginning at the mouth of the said Creek called Beaver Creek thence up the Creek and up the said River for the above said compliments of Four Hundred Acres which said Land I give to him his Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son William Hudson one horse named ......, Bridle and Saddle , one Cow and Calf, two Sowers and Pigs, one Feather bed,......... and furniture, one Young ..... Lamb, one ..... Iron .... ... Good Frying pan which said moveables.I give to the said William Hudson his Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my son Daniel Hudson one Feather Bed well filled and Furniture, two Sowers and Pigs, one Ewe and Lamb, one Iron ..... .....Good Frying pan which said Moveables I give to the said Daniel his Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter Phebe one Good .... Colt, one Briddle and Sadddle, one Feather Bed and Furniture, one Cow and Calf, one ...... ..... ..... , one Ewe and Lamb which said moveables I give to her, her Heirs and Assigns forever.

Item I give to my Loving Wife Martha Hudson during her natural life all other my moveable Estate and after her Decease I give and bequeath my said moveable Estate together with my negroes to my son David Hudson to him his Heiors and Assigns forever.

Wheras ......................and as yet haven't made .................................................................
I hereby impower my Executors hereafter mentioned to make them a Good and Lawful Rights by way of Deeds and to Acknowledge the same in the County Court where.... Lands Lie.

First Robert Hudson my Nephew Four Hundred Acres on both siides of the .............. Creek where he now lives for which said Four Hundred I have received Thirty Pounds the full consideration which I am to have for the same.

Second Anthony Griffin One thousand Acres to be laid off from the old path on Piny branch, thence up both sides for the said Thousand Acres in Halifax County.

Third James Burton Four Hundred Acres in Lunenberg on a Creek of Stanton River called Buffalow beginning where James Hudson ..... .... the said Buffalow Creek, thence up the Creek on both sides to William Perry's Line, thence along Perry's line for the compliment of Four Hundred as above said.

Fourth Richard Hudson my Nephew Two Hundred Acres in Lunenberg County on Buffalow Creek above said Begin at the fork where ......... Branch makes out of the said Buffalow thence on ..............Creek and ....... branch for the compliment of two hundred acres .............................

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Item ........................................... Them to the best Advantage and after my Lawful Debts are paid that then the remainder of the money ........ by rhe sale of the said land shall be equally divided among all my children, Viz Sarah Parker, Judith Harris, Peter Hudson, James Hudson, Daniel Hudson, William Hudson, Phebe Hudson, and David Hudson which said money I give to them, their Heirs and Assigns forever.

I do hereby constitute and appoint my Loving wife Executrix, Peter Hudson my Son and Robert Hudson my Nephew Executors of this my last Will and Testament. In ........ whereof I have hereunto set my ... Affixed my seal this seventh day of October One Thousand Seven Hundred and fifty two.
(Signed) Peter Hudson
In presence of:
William Sims
Edward Lester
John (his mark) Gregory
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 20th day of March 1753

The ......... written last Will and Testament of Peter Hudson Deceased was ....... In Court by Peter Hudson and Robert Hudson Executors therein named (Martha Hudson Executrix therein also named being dead and the same was proved by the brother of William Sims and John ....... and ordered to be Recorded, and o the motion of the said......,who made oath concerning the same and together with Samuel Harris, Sherwood ...... and Edward Parker their....... Entered into bond and acknowledged ..... Certificate was granted them for obtaining probate of the said Will in due form

Re: Transcript of Will of Peter Hudson, dated 7 Ovt 1752, Halifax Co, VA

Reginasld L. Vassar (View posts)
Posted: 1104694021000
A correction to the posted Will of Peter Hudson: The Will was dated 7 Oct 1752 and recorded 20 Mar 1753.

Re: Transcript of Will of Peter Hudson, dated 7 Ovt 1752, Halifax Co, VA

Posted: 1122142296000
Edited: 1132244091000
Thanks for posting the will of Peter Hudson. Do you happen to have a transcription of the will of Peter Hudson, his son?

I would greatly appreciate a copy. Thanks for your help.

Bill Draper
per page

Find a board about a specific topic