Search for content in message boards

Dr. Arthur Thrane and family Eau Claire

Dr. Arthur Thrane and family Eau Claire

Posted: 1357138081000
Classification: Query
I have been trying for quite some time to find what cemetery Dr. Arthur Thrane and his family are buried in, but to no avail. He was born in Norway on 26 January 1844 to Marcus Moller Thrane. His wife was Molly (Struck) Thrane. Possibly a couple of his children might be buried near him and some of his sisters.

He was a medical doctor there for a number of years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Dr. Arthur Thrane and family Eau Claire

Posted: 1501978106000
Hi,
I walked the Lakeview cemetery today and located the gravestone of Dr. Thrane. His father was Marcus Møller Thrane, now buried at Vår Frelsers Gravlund in Oslo, Norway, in a section for very special people. His wife is also buried with him. My interest is due to the fact that Waldemar Ager apprenticed with him in Chicago. I have been researching the Ager family.

Posted: 1501980706000
Yes, I know about Marcus Moller Thrane.

Who was Waldemar Ager?

Posted: 1502032192000
Waldemar Ager was a newspaper man living in Eau Claire in early to middle 1900. Check out the organization that maintains his house today. A desk that belonged to Marcus M. Thrane is located upstairs in that building, now a museum. Online address: www.agerhouse.org

Posted: 1502035230000
I am thinking quite possibly that the Ager and Thrane families were friends as far back as Oslo as Marcus Moller did a great amount of writing , prior to and after coming to America..

Posted: 1502115869000
I doubt Thrane knew the Ager family. But I am almost certain that Ager's father, Martinius, knew of him as a labor organizer. As a teenager Waldemar Ager moved to Chicago in 1885 with his family to join his father who had arrived in Chicago 2 years earlier.
Thane was already in Chicago having arrived in 1862. He restarted his political activities among Scandinavian immigrants and continued his career as a journalist. In 1865, he started the Chicago-based newspaper Norske-Amerikanerne. It was in Chicago Ager met and worked for Thrane.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic