Search for content in message boards

Kennedy/Lard

Kennedy/Lard

Posted: 1199492967000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lard
Hi Nora,
Same Roderick. He attended Medical school in Scotland.
Little is known of Peter Lard. Note the spelling of his surname. This is the correct proven spelling of my gr. gr. gr. grandfather's name. Most descendants of Peter believe they are Scottish but his spelling is German. The newspaper account of his death says he was an American citizen

Re: Kennedy/Lard

Posted: 1238303663000
Try using the name Laird for the L&A area.

Posted: 1238450454000
Thanks. I have done this. As a matter of fact I have just located a lot of info on one of Billings Laird's family in Alberta. I have also found that LARD is also a Scottish spelling. Also all the Lards who remained in L&A changedthe spelling to Laird.
Charles

Posted: 1238476574000
I have a relative through marriage, his mother was
Mary Laird.
She married Benjamin Hornbeck.
Her name could very well have been Lard, but I'm yet to find the surname Lard in this area.
The surname Laird is more numerous.
Ken, my uncle by marriage, was raised in Saskatchewan.
His mother was from North Dakota.
His Father was from this area in Ontario Canada.

Posted: 1238501755000
I originally had her in my records as Mary Laero but I was corrected by another Hornbeck Hunter to Mary Laird. I do not know her parents but I can help you with Hornbeck/Hornback. Please contact me at hornbeck@s-hornbeck.com if you need help with your Hornbeck line.

Posted: 1238514119000
The last time I contacted you Shirley, you had more questions than answers. I thank you for your kindness but the name Hornbeck accidently came up. Laird / Lard was the topic of conversation.
Your records do have Mary Laero and that's why I refrain from using your information.
I've directed you to an actual photograph of Mary Laird on an internet site and it appears you still haven't updated your records. I'm the Hornbeck Hunter that corrected you.
I hesitate to type the name Hornbeck into a computer for fear of having this same conversation. LOL
I better go get a coffee. Have a good day.

Posted: 1238541616000
Hello,
There is a Mary in the L&A Lairds but that is her maiden name. she is the daughter of Billings Laird and Mary Jane Fleming. This Mary was born circa 1857 in Bath , Ontario. I have no idea who she married or where she ended up. From her brother's obit in Wainwrignt, Alberta in 1939,she had to have died before 1939. I really appreciate your efforts to help me in my search.

Charles

Posted: 1238545805000
Maybe I need to go get a gin and tonic before answering - LOL. Sometimes, when it's a common Hornbeck first name that I am asked about - I have to ask a lot of questions on birth date, county and state, parents and/or siblings in order to find the right line. Many names were repeated in early Hornbecks such as in your case. Sorry you feel that was inappropriate to ask questions. I've helped many people over the years... sorry I couldn't help you but generally I don't get a lot of information on names other than Hornbeck. I have no interest in your photos as they don't help me to help others and can't be incorporated into my database. Good luck with your research and better help from someone else.

Posted: 1238554479000
I'll give you an example of what tries my patience.
This person wanted info on the name LARD.
Now his thread has gone from LARD to Laird to Hornbeck to our personal issues.
People researching the name LARD are now going to waste time on our squabbling going down this thread.
Going to a web site that has more pages than the bible, with all of the pages iterating the same thing makes me want a gin and tonic.
So much useless info, so little time.
Rarely do I post because I don't want to add to the clutter.

Posted: 1238556674000
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?su...

This might help for Peter Lard.

Peter Laird has land in 1871 in Peel County - outside Toronto.

The 1851 Census for Canada has Peter Lard born USA - nationality is Scotch. He would have been born around 1808.

He married Eve Davey. My search for Eve Davey has her marrying John Walker 1820 but there were probably more than one Eve Davey.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic