Search for content in message boards

Homiak Family

Homiak Family

Douglas Frey (View posts)
Posted: 980078400000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Homiak, Nowak, Pachocha, Kwiatkowsi, Lotis, Lotysz, Kutyla, Kazad, Lisowski, Anzulewicz
Researching the Homiak and related families of Shamokin, Northumberland, PA. Paul Homiak/Chomiak came to the U.S. from Wafka,Grybow,Galicia and became a coal miner. He married Tekla Nowak, also from Wafka, in 1897. Wafka is present day Wawrzka in SE Poland. Paul later became a Saloon and boarding house owner in the Fifth Ward of Shamokin. Also seeking info on the family of Vincent "William" Kwiatkowski and his wife Michalena Kutyla who entered the U.S. about 1892 from Poland. A daughter, Annie, married Albert Lotysz/Lotis in 1911. Albert probably came from Doolaney or current day Dauleini, Lithuania. He was an ethnic Pole.

Homiak Family

Greg Price (View posts)
Posted: 980164800000
Doug,
My family lived in Mount Carmel, Atlas, and later Catawissa,
as well as coming originally from the same part of Galicia.
Although it might not be a direct connection, there must be a tie somewhere.

Greg

Homiak Family

Doug Frey (View posts)
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response to my query. I do not know if there is a link but will check it out. If they were from the Shamokin area, the chances are good. Thanks.
Doug

Homiak Family

Greg Price (View posts)
Doug, My Grandmother's sister, Julia Halaburda, married a John Homiak. They had the following children: Anna, Michael, Walter and William. I know that Julia was from Bincarowa. Look like any connection here?

Homiak Family

Doug Frey (View posts)
Posted: 980251200000
Dear Peg,
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there were so many Homiak's in Mt. Carmel. I'll look into it further.

Doug
Edited: 1100356574000
Surnames: HOMIAK

Doug-- My parents grew up in Mt Carmel and I remember my Mom talking about the Homiaks and got the impression that she went to school with them. She graduated about 1918 ,the Mt Carmel Library has a good collection of high school yearbooks from around that time ,maybe they could help you.My parents were Phillip Leo REARDON and Margaret MAGENNIS, both from Mt.Carmel,Northumberland CO.PA. Hope this helps.. Peg

Homiak

Doug Frey (View posts)
Greg,
I do not recall coming accross those two names.
Edited: 993990570000
Surnames: Homkiak
My great-grandparents had the name, Homiak in some of their old documents. One was a Eustine or Stephen?

I think these Homiak were from Mt Carmel.

Any connection?
Posted: 980337600000
Edited: 993990570000
Surnames: Homiak, Halkowicz
Hello!

Ask your relation if they remember Homiak's bar in Mt Carmel.

My grandfather , John Halkowicz used to play in a band there in the 1940s in a prision cell. The owner, George Homiak (who I think is still living in his 90s?) had a cool sense of humor and played a lot of pranks.

thanks!

Re: Lisowski Family

Posted: 1001470753000
Edited: 1048132734000
My father's cousin Ann Skrzynska married Casimir Lisowski in the early 1900's. Ann was from Galicia (Krasilow). Her sister, Catherine Skrzynska married Joseph Dzienkiewicz who was born in about 1900 in Excelsior, Northumberland, PA. Do any of these surnames fit into your ancestry? Thanks..Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic