Search for content in message boards

Seth Johnson m. Martha Bowman

Seth Johnson m. Martha Bowman

Posted: 1001868094000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1093140986000
Surnames: Johnson; Bowman
Seeing information on this Greene County family. Their daughter, Sarah Johnson, b. 3-3-1815 married my great-grandfather Rev. Samuel Wilson of Roane County on 10--8-1854, Paint Rock Valley. She was his second wife.Much of the information I have is that this couple were from Greene County, but in looking this am, in one of my seldom used files, I found a list of the siblings of Sarah Johnson Wilson, daughter of the above couple. This same file states that they were from the Stockton Valley of Roane/Monroe County.
1. Joab Johnson
2. Alfred Johnson
3. William Johnson
4. Sarah Johnson Wilson-my line
5.Jahu Johnson
6.Jessie Johnson
7. Elizbeth Johnson Fox
8.Jensey Johnson Culverhouse
9. Henry Johnson
10. Washington Johnson
11.Nancy Johnson Brogdon
12. Berry Johnson
13. George Johnson
14. Lucinda Johnson Johnson (Married Francis Johnson)

Seeking information on parents of Seth and Martha Bowman Johnson and any other ties. Very willing to share what I have.

Re: Seth Johnson m. Martha Bowman

Posted: 1108597134000
Seth Johnson and Martha York Johnson are my g.g.g. grandparents. Seth was born 26 Apr 1792 in Virginia, he died in Roane Co., TN. on 16 Oct. 1856. He and Martha were married 24 Oct. 1814. On his tombstone in the Johnson Cemetery located in Stockton Valley in what is now Loudon County, but was a part of Roane County until 1870 shows that he was a Pvt. E. Tenn. Militia War of 1812. Martha's grave is unmarked as well as Seth's parents, Edmund and Elizabeth Durham Johnson. Edmund Johnson was born 10 June 1763 in VA. Died 6, Apr. 1853 in Roane Co., TN. He was married abt. 1785 inVA. Elizabeth Durham was born 16 June 1760 prob. Brunswick Co. VA. died 16 June 1841.
Their son, George Washington (I know it says their sons were a Washington and a George, but he was George Washington Johnson was born in 1825 inRoane Co.. He married Elizabeth Galyon and they later migrated to Kansas near Garnett. Their youngest child, Samuel Patrick Johnson was my g-g grandfather. My dad, Clarence Lyle Johnson, who will be 90 yrs. old in July still lives iln Garnett, Kansas.
Hope this helps.

Re: Seth Johnson m. Martha York

Posted: 1108599701000
Edited: 1122077859000
Surnames: Johnson, York
Thank you, I was able to get much fo this information from the book "Long Lost Cousins" by Elmo Johnson. Thanks so much for replying!

EVa

Posted: 1133638507000
Surnames: BOWMAN, JOHNSON, FOX, HYDE
Thanks to all for posting this information. I have been looking for info on this family for a long time. Elizabeth Johnson Fox was my ggg-grandmother. Does anyone have additional information about her or her daughter Elizabeth Fox Hyde?

Angela

Posted: 1199944089000
Surnames: Johnson/Wilson
Greetings!
I am trying to tie up loose ends for Sarah Johnson(b. 3 Mar 1816 to Seth and Martha York Johnson), who married Samuel Wilson. I am looking for birth and death dates for Samuel. I can not seem to find where they were burried. I also would be interested in infomation about his Reverend title I have read about. I hope to hear from you.

Chris Lewis
joannelewis2@msn.com

Posted: 1199944348000
Surnames: Johnson/Fox
Angela,
I have recently updated my files on the family of Seth and Martha Johnson, including their daughter Elizabeth. I have found several census records for her, but am finding it difficult to determine the name of her husband. I will be glad to share what I have. Feel free to contact me at:
joannelewis2@msn.com

I hope to hear from you.
Chris Lewis

Posted: 1199945246000
Surnames: Johnson/Gaylon
Greetings,
I saw your post and wanted to let you know that I have recently updated my files for the family of Seth and Martha York Johnson. They had 15 children. I have managed to get a line on where they all ended up, (birth/death dates for most). I have tombstone photos for several brothers and sisters in MO, AR, and TN. I would be glad to send what I have your way. I would love to see a photo of George Washington Johnson's marker if you live close to Springfield Cemetery, south of Garnett KS. I hope to hear from you.
Chris Lewis
joannlewis2@msn.com

Posted: 1354653589000
William Johnson who married Mary (Thomas)is my great great grandfather buried at Bunch Cemetery in Carroll County Arkansas. I would like any information that you might have on the Seth and Martha lineage. Thank you so much.

KathyWilson731@ymail.com

Posted: 1354718457000
Hi Kathy,
What a wonderful family to be descended from! Amazing history, and details. I will send you some initial info to your email. Lots to see. Let me know how you descend from William Johnson and Mary Thomas. I am looking for copies of photos, journals, histories, etc. that you may have. Always good to meet another Johnson cousin!

Chris Lewis
joannelewis2@msn.com

Posted: 1356017892000
Chris and Joanne,

Thank you so much for the information that you provided. I have a far less detailed account of the "Johnson Family Tree." Therefore, I am so pleased to get this information. It has filled in some of the gaps for me. My grandmother left behind some photos that we have yet to identify. However, we are unsure if they are her family members or my grandfathers, William Lee Johnson, a descendent of William and Mary (Thomas) Johnson....then Robert Lee Johnson. His Aunt was Sarah Elizabeth (Sadie)who nevered married and help raise him upon his mothers death. She continued to live with my grandparents even after marriage until her death. I have added her and Robert Lee Johnson to the findagrave.com website. They were buried at the Shady Grove Cemetery in Carroll County Arkansas. Robert Lee Johnson and Ruth Adeline had twin boys, Robert Price (buried in CA) who died at approx 6 mos. and then my grandfather William Lee(married to Margaret Lottie (Kappen) Johnson. Who is also been added to findagrave.com website. (Shady Grove Cemetery). I will take time to read all the information and if I have any questions I will get back with you. Thanks again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic