Search for content in message boards

Gardner or Roberts/Robinson in Hayneville AL or Lowndes Couty AL

Gardner or Roberts/Robinson in Hayneville AL or Lowndes Couty AL

Posted: 1301367852000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gardner Roberts Robinson
Wondering if anyone has anything on Sylvia Roberts or Sylvia Robinson born 1860 in Alabama and married Monroe Gardner in 1877. Can't locate an 1870 census and she is married by 1880. I am trying to determine who her parents were. There may be a connection to the Spann family who may have been the owner of her father in law Tom Gardner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Gardner or Roberts/Robinson in Hayneville AL or Lowndes Couty AL

Posted: 1365823740000
go to the 1940 census lowndes ct, ala. you will find the pringle line and Gardners

Posted: 1365823879000
most of the family lived and farmed in the same area

Posted: 1365823893000
most of the family lived and farmed in the same area

Posted: 1365824239000
most of the family lived and farmed in the same area.the pic u send of Clara is my mothers aunt.

Posted: 1463047512000
Surnames: Gardner Family
My grandmother born Dorothy Gardner was laid to rest last.month at the Gardner cemetery in Hayneville.Her father,Columbus Gardner,was one of 21 surviving children.I have come across a.photo of a Sylvia Gardner at my Grandmother's home here in Stockbridge,GA.At nearly 50 yrs in age,I had not visited the Gardner cemetery since my toddler years.So beautiful,reverent and pristine.My name is Charla.Feel free to contact me at (404)914-8868 Take great care,God bless and be well!

Posted: 1475127579000
Appreciate the feedback but I am trying to go backwards in time to Sylvia's parents, not her descendants. I found an 1870 census with a listing of Sinda Roberts, Julia, Sibba, Albert and Fanny. I believe this Sinda (perhaps Lucinda) is my Sylvia's mother but I have hit a dead end. If anyone has a lead on the Roberts link (deceased spouse) or what may have happened to her siblings Julia, Albert or Fannie, I would really be appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Posted: 1516928054000
Charla, interested to know what were some of Columbus’ siblings? I am a Gardner whose roots go back to Thomas Gardner and Hannah (Spann) born in Charleston, SC and died in Hayneville, AL. My grandfather was Arthur Gardner Sr. aka Buster.

I have a family tree book that my Grampy gave me (he passed away in 2010). There is a Columbus Gardner listed as being born May 1889 in Hayneville, but it doesn’t list any children/spouses for him. Looks as if Mack Gardner and Kittie Sanders were the parents of Columbus.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic