Search for content in message boards

Threshing Crews of North Dakota

Threshing Crews of North Dakota

Posted: 1537236461000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hochstetter

I am looking for anyone who may have known a thresher known as "Jewels" in the 1920's. He was the father of my dad. I am trying to find his name. I would so love to find my roots. A relative told me she thought his name was Julius Otteson but my Ancestry DNA doesn't match ANY Ottesons. Does anyone know of a Jewels who got Anna Marie Hochstetter pregnant in 1920ish.. My dad was born 1921 and was a "blue baby". He was raised by his grandmother - Anna's mother -Elizabeth Teske Hochstetter. Any help would be appreciated. Colleen Hochstetter Fowler

Re: Threshing Crews of North Dakota

Posted: 1546990617000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1546992498000
Surnames: Hagensen
There are two men named "Jules" in Stutsman County, North Dakota. Perhaps one is the father...? DNA tests of their descendants (if any) might help.

Update: One is 58 (might be unlikely?) but Jules Hagensen was 42 in 1920 (more likely.)

Update: Jules Hagensen's name was Julius, according to a newspaper account. He was single, living with his single housekeeper, Tina Lorenz, age 22 in January 1920, by February 1920 he was married to Marie Florentia Lorenz (most likely the same woman.)

Julius Hagensen seems like an excellent candidate to me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic