Search for content in message boards

anyone searching Donegal Quinn, please read

anyone searching Donegal Quinn, please read

Posted: 1130769428000
Classification: Query
Surnames: QUINN
Information has been found that may help link some of us together. This came from a relative who grew up in the Ballintra area.

In the 1800's, there were 3 Quinn families living in Ballintra. They were all related to each other. One family, the Daniel Quinn family, was forced from their farm and forced to live on another farm, located in Lisnapaste (or Ballinakillew). This land was located at the top of the street in Ballintra.

Today, the Church of Ireland stands on this land. The church is around 200 years old, so that would put the Quinn family there right at 1800.

Some names in this family: Daniel Quinn, born right around 1800. Married Mary Flannagan from Lough Eske. They married when Daniel was in his 60's and Mary was only 21. They had 10 children.

Other names for this family: Andrew, Bernard, Lawrence, Cormack.

Anything?

Patty Quinn

Re: anyone searching Donegal Quinn, please read

Posted: 1211021491000
hi i have a patrick married mary gallagher son bernard b.1833 ellen b. mary b. bernaed and ellen both died in australia mary

Posted: 1211711434000
Surnames: Quinn Breen
My grandfather was Bernard Quinn b. 1865 d. 12 August 1946 immig. to USA 14 May 1886. Father was Chatles Quinn and mother was Elizabeth Breen. It was said that he had many brothers but I have only documented 1, Joseph b. 20 June 1867 Laghey, Donegal

Posted: 1211725906000
MaryLou - Drop me a line at patty719@msn.com

That would be one of my Quinns. The parents names for my Quinns were John Patrick Quinn and Bridget Nancy Murphy. Here in the US, when the children listed their names on any important paperwork, they were listed as John and Bridget. But in Ireland they were known as Patrick and Nancy. Nancy was born in Leghowney. Patrick, we are not sure where he was born, but it was somewhere in the area of Leghowney, Laghey, Ballintra.

Patrick and Nancy seem to have had 2 "batches" of children. My gr-grandfather James was born in 1828. But we have found children that were born as late as 1855.

Your Joseph would either be one of their children or their grandchildren.

Hope to hear from you!

Patty

Posted: 1211726060000
mdcarpendter -

If your Patrick came from the southern part of Donegal, then he would be related to my Quinn family for sure. I know that there were some that left for Australia. There were also a couple of them that went to Scotland, and some that went to England.

My Quinns seem to have come from a specific area of Donegal - Laghey, Ballintra, Leghowney, The Oucht, all the little settlements in this area.

Would like to hear from you. Patty
patty719@msn.com

Posted: 1223273857000
Surnames: carpenter
hi patrick quinn m. mary gallagher bernard b.1833. mary ellenb.1848 mary m.john deney .annie b.1870. i think there was a john bernard came to australia 1859 ellen came out later brought annie deney with her. mary

Posted: 1223274712000
Surnames: quinn deney
hi patrick quinn m. mary gallager bernard b.1833 ellen .b.1848 mary m.john deney annie b.1870 i think ther waqs a john quinn bernard came to australia 1859 ellen and annie came out later mary

Posted: 1247007015000
Surnames: Quinn/McCloskey
I've had many dead ends in my search. I'm also looking for an Andrew Quinn who married Anna McCloskey. I don't know when or where but family "rumor" says Donegal is a possibility. Andrew and Anna would be my great grandparents. There son William was born 2/14/1884.

Posted: 1248601211000
My great granfather is Andrew Quinn. He married Anna McCloskey. Their son, William is my granfather. He was born 11 Feb 1884. We beleive he had a brother Patrick and possibly a sister Mary Ann. But we're not sure. We also beleive he emmigrated to the US in either 1911 or 1914.

I sent this information to a geneologist as an inquiry. He reponded that he believed my great grandparents might be from Donegal. I've responded to him but he was vacationaing and I haven't yet heard back.

Posted: 1550333379000
Surnames: Quinn
Hi Patty,

Was doing some searching and found this message. I wanted to check if I could drop you an email to find out some more about the Quinns. I am connected to the same group of Quinns from Straness and would love to work out the family tree.

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic