Search for content in message boards

Looking for Jusypchuk(czuk) and Evasiuk(Ewasiuk) Info!

Looking for Jusypchuk(czuk) and Evasiuk(Ewasiuk) Info!

Posted: 1270464073000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jusypchuk(czuk) and Evasiuk(Ewasiuk), Gauthier
I am researching my Ukrainian heritage.
My great grandparents were a William Evasiuk(or Ewasiuk) and Mary Jusypchuk (or Jusypczuk). I know very little about them other than he was born in 1985 and she was in 1902 and both immigrated in 1914 and eventually settled in ND (Belfield) and married there. They had 6 children (I can give names later). My GGrandmother died in 1971 in Beach, Golden Valley, ND. She had 2 brothers that died before 1930 in a Model T car accident, and 2 sisters, Ann and Kathryn. One brother may have been a John Jusypchuk. She was a boarder in the home of Adolph Gauthier (Mary's sister married a Joseph Gauthier, I believe).

William had a brother that immigrated with him, but went to Canada. William was a coal miner in ND and died of Black lung in November 1932.

Any possibility anyone would know who Mary is? Or William (Bill)? Would you have any other info to offer?
Thank you!

FOUND: John Jusypchuk death in Sep. 1930 auto accident (newspaper article)

Posted: 1284744273000
I've located a news item about the Jusypchuk auto accident (September 1930). Contact me at my email address, and I will send you the image:

maryfobian [at] comcast [dot] net

Re: Looking for Jusypchuk(czuk) and Evasiuk(Ewasiuk) Info!

Posted: 1319746289000
If his brother moved to northern Alberta, then there is a great deal of information on the family including a book. Some of the family members eventually changed their surname to "Evans" (almost a variation of Evasiuk) to better fit into Canadian society, being a British CW realm, especially at the onset of Canada's participation in WWII. I just came across your post as my brother wanted info on the origins of our surname (we are now Evans').

Re: Looking for Jusypchuk(czuk) and Evasiuk(Ewasiuk) Info!

Posted: 1523232212000
Hi, I am searching for information on Paul Ewasiuk who immigrated to Canada in the early 1900's. He was from Bukawina. He married Mary Mariniduk. I am interested in the family book that you mentioned in your post or any other information that will help me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic