Search for content in message boards

New Prospect (Bounds Creek) Cemetery, Silva, MO.

New Prospect (Bounds Creek) Cemetery, Silva, MO.

David (View posts)
Posted: 1057600184000
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Allen, Leach, Bennett
Hello Everyone.

I am doing a in-depth research on the New Prospect (Bounds Creek) Cemetery near Silva, MO.

Anyone who knows of families buried here please contact me by e-mail. There is over 700 known persons buried here.

A LOT with the surnames White, Allen, Leach, Bennett, and many others as well.

I hope someday to put this into book form.

Here is an example of what i'm doing:

John Doe Aug. 29, 1888 June 5, 1977
s/o (son of) John & Mary (Smith) Doe
h/o (husband of) Jane (Williams) Doe
f/o (father of) John, James, Jerry Doe. Mrs. Mary Wilson and Mrs. Lora Jones.

Any help is welcomed.

David

Re: New Prospect (Bounds Creek) Cemetery, Silva, MO.

Posted: 1059544951000
My mother is Lois Atnip and she lives at Silva, Mo. I live in Malden Mo. But I have family there. Bill

Tina (View posts)
Posted: 1060401136000
Surnames: White
Hi David,

My dad, Wintfard White knows several of the people buried there... he may have told you of all he knows. He said you may actually have names of ppl in our family that we don't know about. If you compile any of these names, you might send them to me so Dad can have them. We're still trying to get info on the White/Smith family. He is hoping to be living in Silva by this winter :-) BEWARE!!! hahahaha Thanks David.

Tina

David (View posts)
Posted: 1060449839000
Tina,

Yes, I have some names Wintfard never knew about.

Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Wilson had 5 babies that died.

Mariah, Marshall (twins), John, Ellen, and Eunice. All are in unmarked graves in Bounds Creek Cemetery.

David

Lynn Clark-Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 1061099898000
David,
I'm your cousin on the Bollinger side (my grandmother was Ollie Bollinger-Clark) I'm sorry I missed the Bounds Creek Ceremony this year. I have some pictures taken in the early 1960's (when I was small) at the "grave yard cleaning" as my family referred to it. I would like to go next year 2004 if it works out.
My mother was buried there December 2002.
As you probably know, I have many many relatives in that cemetery (both sides of my family--and some for several generations) I will be glad to help you with what I know.
Do you have a list made up of everyone buried in the cemetery?
Lynn

david (View posts)
Posted: 1061228952000
Lynn,

Yes, I have a complete list on the Wayne CO. MO. Gen Web. I will update it soon.

I remember your father Franklin. Last time I saw him was at Aunt Gertrude Cato's funeral in 1994. He would be my 2nd cousin. His mother Ollie Bollinger Clark and my grandfather Carl Bollinger were brother and sister.

Is Edith Randall buried at Bounds Creek? She would be a sister to Charles Murray Randall? Was she married?

David

Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 1061242849000
David,
Edith Randall lived in California most of her life. She never married. When she died, one of my uncles was to have her buried in Missouri. I will ask my aunt about her and get back with you.

Did you know that my dad died about 3 years ago of colon cancer and his wife buried him at Osage Beach?
He wanted to be buried at the New Prospect Cemetery near his parents and next to his brother, Paul Clark.

David, do you have any information about the parents of our ancestors John Elijah DALTON (b. @1760-1770 in VA or NC & buried Ripley Co. MO) and/or his wife Susannah SABASTIAN (b.1774)??

Thanks,
Lynn Clark-Campbell

David (View posts)
Posted: 1061315230000
Lynn,

Yes, we got word of Franklin passing away. I knew he wanted to be buried at Bounds Creek. I am Cemetery trustee. The plots are still in his name, and will be as long as the family wants them to be. He has two by Paul and Irma.

I will check on the Dalton. Seems like I do go past John Elijah in my records. But not for sure. Will check.

David

Albert Scarborough (View posts)
Posted: 1066376871000
I have a Question about New Prospect (Bounds Creek) Cemetery?

Where is it actually located?

I can not find it on the maps that are available to me.

Is it located on CR220 South, off of U S Hwy 67.

Albert

David (View posts)
Posted: 1066413349000
location is;

South of Silva, MO. on Bounds Creek, of hwy 67, on gravel 220 by the New Prospect Baptist Church. Co. Rd. 220 turn is not even a half-mile past the Baber's Cash (Costephens) Grocery Store on Hwy 67.

I am cemtery trustee, i would be glad to meet anyone there that would like to visit it. please e-mail me directley for my phone #. dnbollinger@yahoo.com

David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic