Search for content in message boards

Isaac Waters 1850 Lenoir Co 1850 census

Isaac Waters 1850 Lenoir Co 1850 census

Posted: 1224537722000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waters Sutton
Looking for info on Isaac Waters listed in 1850 Lenoir Co. census.Was Alexander living near in house of James Sutton his son? Thank you for any info of this family.Ed Miller Cairo Ga.

Re: Isaac Waters 1850 Lenoir Co 1850 census

Posted: 1225590212000
Surnames: Fields, Warters
It does not appear that Isaac had any children. His Will - Isaac Warters had a Will dated 28 Dec. 1864 prob 28 Jan. 1873. John Fields, son of Mary was the Exec as was William Fields - He left his land to Mrs. Mary Fields (relict of Shadrack Fields dec) all his real and personal property - after her death to be divided between her children John, Susan and Sarah Fields Holland

I would like to know why some of Mary Fields' children were his heirs? She was suppose to have been a Farmer by birth. The three listed children were not all of Shadrack Field's children.

Martha M. Marble

Posted: 1225594410000
Can't answer why Fields came into the picture.Isaac had no female in house in 1850 but he did have 2 sons in house.Mrs Fields might have been more than a neighbor.I know Alexander left the area and his other Waters children might have left also. This would explain the Fields connection.

Posted: 1225635805000
Are you saying that Isaac Warters had a son Alexander and if so, do you have any documentation? My interest is Mary Fields who is thought to have been a Farmer by birth. I am beginning to question that at this point. If Isaac had children, why would he have left his land to three of Mary Field's children. Shadrack had a son Alexander along with a bunch of other children.

Thanks
Martha

Posted: 1225721464000
I am not saying that Isaac Waters had a son named Alexander.I am trying to determine WHO Alexanders father was.I do know from records that My Alexander was born in Lenoir Co. N.C.The 1850 Lenoir census shows Isaac Waters with AUGUSTUS and William Waters (assumed to be his sons), Also Fred Carlisle and HENRY FIELDS.My Alexander had 2 Sons.One named Alexander Jr.and the other AUGUSTUS which was not the most common name at that time.There was one Alexander Waters living with James Sutton near Isaac Waters.Could this be my Alexander? Just hoping some one in the Lenoir area might shed some light on this.This might be your Fields connection to Alexander Waters.

Posted: 1285966986000
Hey Out There.Please help with My Waters Family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic