Search for content in message boards

Stantons from Westport, county Mayo > IL

Stantons from Westport, county Mayo > IL

Posted: 1190950242000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stanton, Lovrinces, Loveran, McNulty
I'm looking for Matthias Stanton (b.abt 1830) who is the father of Martin Anthony Stanton (b.11 nov 1857 in wesport, county mayo). Martin's mother was Mary Lovrinces (might be Loveran - the handwriting is tough). She was also born in Ireland, but I'm not sure where.

Martin married Nora McNulty (b. 28 Mar 1861 in Westport, Co Mayo) and they lived in the Chicago area. Nora's parents were John McNulty and Mary Hannon, both of Westport.

Any information or clues you might have would be appreciated.

M

Re: Stantons from Westport, county Mayo > IL

Posted: 1202855280000
Surnames: Staunton, Stanton, Loveran
Hi, just saw your message. My name is mary and my great great grandfather's name was Matthias Staunton (Stanton ) from Moate Ayle Westport. His wife's name was Mary loveran . They had a son John who was my great grandfather. I still live in the Staunton homestead. I do not have much more info on matthias but did find a baptismal entry for a Pat and Honoria born to them ib the 1850's. I can be contacted at kellymaryt@eircom.net and would love to hear from you as might be same family.

Posted: 1212271617000
Surnames: STAUNTON
Hi

I'm doing some research for my first cousin whose mother was Mary Ellen Staunton. Her parents were Patrick Staunton and Julia Canon and grandparents were John Staunton and Margaret Joyce; John was the son of Mathias Staunton and his wife Mary (Loveran).

I tried emailing the address given by Mary but received no reply. I'm very keen toexchange information with you both as you are clearly related to my cousin.

Hope to hear from you; my email address is: waltonfamilytree@gmail.com

Cheers

Neil

Posted: 1277691533000
Interesting... My gradmother was Bridget Cannon and her sister (my great aunt) was Julia Cannon Staunton, married to Patrick Staunton. I have a trip diary written by my aunt around 1960 which lists Patrick and Julia Staunton's children one named Ellie. Wonder if maybe her name was actually Mary Ellen and they called her Ellie? All in Killawalla, Co Mayo Ire.

Posted: 1277705366000
a couple of replys up there is an entry from Mary Staunton Kelly, who lives in the Staunton homestead in Westport, Co. Mayo. She had some pictures that she shared with me and they included Patrick aka Paddy Staunton who was the brother of my great grandfather. She would know whether he was married to a Julia.

Posted: 1277729836000
Thank you! Ive met Mary in Ireland a few years ago. thanks so much!!

Posted: 1277732406000
Surnames: Re Bridget and Julia Cannon Staunton
Hi, Just received your message from message boards. I am not sure if you are Beth or her sister, but delighted to make contact once again. We are the same ancestry line anyway. My e-mail address is kellymaryt@eircom.net if you would like to get in touch.
Best wishes, Mary Staunton Kelly.

Posted: 1277763643000
My great grandparents are John and Mary Stanton Foy, married in Chicago in 1872. John Foy was born in Killawalla, specifically the townland of Derreennascooba. Mary Stanton (1848-1920) was born in Ireland to William and Bridget Stanton. Family history:
http://www.peterspioneers.com/JMSF.htm

Peter Biggins

Re: Stauntons from Westport, county Mayo > IL

Posted: 1277765242000
Paddy Staunton was married to my great aunt--Julia Cannon. So there is a connection by marriage here. Glad to meet you.

Posted: 1277775322000
Peter - what a nice book you've put together! I am sure that we are in the same line. There were so many names and places that are familiar to me. My grandmother, Winifred Stanton married William O'Rourke at St. Vincents. I also believe that my mother (Rita O'Rourke) had cousins in the Chicago area that were O'Malleys. I went to Calvary Cemetery on my last visit to try to find Martin Stanton's grave but it unmarked. There were so many Irish names we had to giggle though, as we went through.
Anyway, I live in hot (104 degrees today) Chico, California
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic