Search for content in message boards

HADDEMAN in Cross Plains, Dane County, WI

HADDEMAN in Cross Plains, Dane County, WI

Mary Bykowski (View posts)
Posted: 1010493543000
Classification: Query
Surnames: HADDEMAN
Just looking for information on the HADDEMAN family from Cross Plains. I came across a new lead from another relative and was just wondering if anyone out there shares this family in their tree.

Re: HADDEMAN in Cross Plains, Dane County, WI

Posted: 1040246054000
Classification: Biography
Edited: 1237380052000
Surnames: Haddeman, Kane,
My name is Gary Haddeman Jr. I am looking for information concerning my family name/history. As far as I know the farthest back I can reliably trace is to Nebraska, Oregon, Iowa, Wisconsin, and the Netherlands (Holland). My fathers side is obviously Haddeman, his mothers maiden name is Harsh. My mothers maiden name is Kane, and her mothers maiden name is Shade. Anything prior to this is unknown to me at this time. I met a young man my age in USN bootcamp in 1981, who had the same last name as me, he was from Elk Mound Wisconsin, I have not seen him since then. I am attempting to build a family tree and find the roots of my surname. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Gary Haddeman

Posted: 1040300919000
Hi Gary!
I descended from a Frances Haddeman, daughter of Josiah Haddeman. He came from a large family and his father was Benjamin. Josiah served in the Civil War in the 11th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry. The family at that time lived in Cross Plains. He came home on furlough with typhoid and died in Madison WI in 1863 and supposedly in buried in Cross Plains. He had two daughters Fanny and Frances. She would be my great great g.mother. I met on the internet another woman who's a relative who lives in Washington and she's descended from Martin Vanburen Haddeman who was one of Josiah's brothers. The family lived in Michigan for a while and New York before that. Josiah's father Benjamin served in the War of 1812 and received a bounty land grant because of his service. I have to look for the website address as there's a home page with Haddeman's on it that lists this information about the early family history. How are you related??

Gary Haddeman (View posts)
Posted: 1040317026000
Gary Haddeman Jr (self) born in Washington state from Gary Haddeman Sr born in Nebraska, 1942 from Clayton J. Haddeman born in Iowa 1914 from Truman Haddeman born in Iowa in 1888, and that is as far back as I have been able to get. I do not know who Trumans parents are. and have been kind of stymied by the lack of info..

There is a John I. Haddeman from either New York or England, born in 1828? who had two sons ( of six children), Henry, 21 in the 1880 census, and Charles, 19 in the 1880 census, they were both born in Iowa. I also read about Martin V. Haddeman, who relocated to Oregon and changed his name to Millman, possibly to escape being hung as a horse thief. So I would like to find out who Trumans parents are and possibly some more info about John.

thanks again for your reply.
Gary Haddeman

Does this help

Gary Haddeman (View posts)
Posted: 1040322142000
Also, I would be interested in the web site if you can find it.
And there are Haddemans that live in the Netherlands, one is Anton Haddeman, an avid stamp collector, particulary stamps related to radio. Edward Haddeman, a nutritionist and Edwin Haddeman, a nuclear physicist, another is Theo Haddeman, a photographer. I also just found a Sara Kirjka Haddeman, married to a Donkersloot in the Netherlands. I have also checked out the LDS website and it has some of the info you've already provided. It did mention a Harry Haddeman b. 1834 to Benjamin Haddeman. I found a Harry Haddeman who died in Blanco County, Texas in 1869, killed by indians. It is proving difficult to connect the dots in the middle.

Posted: 1040477973000
Gary, I'll check through my files about Truman. Would it be possible to get your email address so I can send info that I have? I'll probably get back to you after Christmas as we're having out-of -town guests for a few days. Thanks! Mary

Posted: 1040478514000
I can't locate the website address in my notes but I know that site is the Durham Center Museum. So put that in a search engine and see what comes up. The actual family bible is owned by a Mrs. Clyde (Ruth) H. Porter, 24 Drury Lane, Rochester, NY 14625. I don't know if she's a descendant or not...haven't gotten around to asking yet. Hope this helps. Mary

Sandi (View posts)
Posted: 1046501238000
Surnames: Haddeman
Gary,

My family also descends from the Haddemans...Wisconsin, Iowa, Oregon, New York. Though you don't mention a specific ancestor so I can't tell where the intersect between your and my family might lie, I'd be happy to give you any information I can. Please email me direct at sandim@jccomp.com.

Sandi

Posted: 1112367165000
Surnames: HADDEMAN/HADAMAN/HADIMAN
Sandi, I'm related to a Haddeman from Cross Plains. It's been awhile since I've read this post and can't honestly remember if I posted a response or not. I'm related to Frances Haddeman,whose father was Josiah, son of Benjamin. Hopefully, your email is still current and you'll get this. If so, I'd love to share info!!

Posted: 1237250752000
Hello long lost nephew of mine! Imagine my surprise in my quest for Truman's history that I found you! I hope you still are connected with this site as I would LOVE to hear from you.

I found out that Truman was a Locomotive Carpenter for Pacific Union.

Auntie Carol ~
per page

Find a board about a specific topic