Search for content in message boards

Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens of Vanderburgh Co., IN

Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens of Vanderburgh Co., IN

Posted: 1035738053000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens
I am looking for information three Cupples brothers who left Pittsburgh, PA and settled in Evansville, Vanderburgh, IN in the mid 1800s. Their parents were Joseph and Esther (Hezlep) Cupples of County Down, Ireland and later Pittsburgh, PA.

I am looking for information on John Cupples (1817-?) who married Rebecca Stranahan (?-?) and had the children Joseph, Jane, John, Martha, Rebecca, William and Kate. John Cupples came to Evansville in about 1843 and was a saddler by trade. He and his family are listed in the 1850 Census for Vanderburgh Co., IN. He is not listed in the 1860 Census but his children are listed in the household of John Grigg, a saddler of Vanderburgh Co., IN. I am looking for the exact birth date, exact death date, marriage date, place of burial and any other records about John and Rebecca (Strannahan) Cupples and their children/descendents.

I am also looking for information on Samuel Cupples (1819-1859) who was married to Martha Stranahan (1825-?). Samuel Cupples is indexed in the 1850 Census for Vanderburgh Co., IN as "Simeral" Cupples. No children for Samuel and Martha Cupples are listed in the 1850 Census. Martha (Stranahan) Cupples may be the Martha Grigg who is listed with the children of John Cupples in the 1860 Census. I am looking for the exact birth date, exact death date, marriage date, burial place, and any other records of Samuel and Martha (Stranahan) Cupples and their children/descendents.

I am also looking for information on Joseph Cupples (1825-?) who married Lorinda Aikens (or Akers) and also settled in Vanderburgh Co., IN after 1850. He is indexed in the 1860 Census for Vanderburgh Co., IN. with his wife and mother-in-law. No children were listed. I am looking for the exact birth date, exact death date, marriage date, burial place, and any other records of Joseph and Lorinda (Aikens) Cupples and their children/descendents.

Re: Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens of Vanderburgh Co., IN

Posted: 1128056071000
Is there a Lydia Cupples related to this family who married Robert David Ritchey? I am looking for descendants and information about their children In Evansville Indiana

dcbeckgeneology@ yahoo.com

Re: Cupples, Stranahan, Aikens of Vanderburgh Co., IN

Posted: 1327171817000
Joseph and Lorinda (Laurinda) Cupples
Cara Beck Posted: 30 Jun 2006 5:27AM GMT
Surnames:
Lydia Cupples is shown in the 1880 United States Census, Indiana, Vanderburgh, Inglefield as follows:
Jos. Cupples, white male 53, farmer, born Pennsylvania, father born Ireland, mother born Ireland
Laurinda Cupples, white female 48, keeping house, born Ohio, father and mother born New York
Lydia Cupples, white female daughter 8, born Indiana (also lists parents as born in Indiana?)
Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920 Record about Joseph Cupples
Name: Joseph Cupples
Date: May 01, 1893
Race: W
Source location: City Health Office, Evansville
Source notes: The source of this record is the book CH-3 on page 391 within the series produced by the Indiana Works Progress Administration.
Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920 Record about Laurinda Cupples
Name: Laurinda Cupples
Date: Feb 15, 1894
Source notes: The source of this record is the book CH-4 on page 67 within the series produced by the Indiana Works Progress Administration.

1860 United States Federal Census Record about Lorinda Cupples
Name: Lorinda Cupples
Age in 1860: 30
Birth Year: abt 1830
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1860: Evansville, Vanderburgh, Indiana
Post Office: Evansville
Value of real estate: View image
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Cupples 35
Lorinda Cupples 30
D aikins Cupples 60
Delia Dawson 21
Francis Lyon 19

Evansville, Indiana Directories, 1888-92 Record
about Lydia A. Cupples
Name: Lydia A. CupplesLocation 2: 609 Locust
Year: 1890
City: Evansville
State: IN

Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920 Record
about Joseph Cupples
Date: May 01, 1893
Source notes: The source of this record is the book CH-3 on page 391 within the series produced by the Indiana Works Progress Administration.

Evansville, Indiana Directories, 1888-92 Record
about Joseph Cupples
Location 1: 605 Main
Location 2: 609 Locust
Year: 1892
City: Evansville
State: IN

I would like to know what became of Joseph and Lorinda's daughter Lydia who married Robert Ritchey. I believe that they had sons and they would be the half brothers of my grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic