Search for content in message boards

Jasper Co., GA - William Holloway - need sources

Jasper Co., GA - William Holloway - need sources

Posted: 1326423479000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1326426215000
Surnames: Holloway, Ransom, Jones, Woodard, Baughn
William Holloway m. Sabra Baughn on 28 Nov 1811 in Oglethorpe Co., GA. [Marriage Book] Another official record shows William Holloway marrying Matilda Bailey 4 Jul 1815 in Jasper Co., GA. Matilda is head of household in 1830 census.

Internet posting without sources gives specific dates for the following events:

20 Jan 1787 William Holloway born
26 Jan 1826 William Holloway died

7 Dec 1813 Julia Ann Holloway, dau of Wm & Sabra, born

24 Mar 1814 Sabra (Baughn) Holloway died

Need to know the source(s) of those specific dates. In those times, it most likely was a Bible, but whose Bible, where is it now, etc.

Connected surnames include Ransom, Jones, Woodard

Re: Jasper Co., GA - William Holloway - need sources

Posted: 1351552215000
Classification: Query
I can help in part. The birth date is from a Family Bible first printed in Holloways of the South by C. J. Stevens. I know this record is reliable as as I descend from William's sister, Elizabeth. The birth date given for her matches that given in a different Bible owned by one of Elizabeth's descendants (it also is consistent with census records). I believe their are other transcripts of the first Bible online.

I do not know the source of the death date. However, years ago I found a record related to the record of William's estate in Jasper County. I do not have a copy or transcription but it was dated 10 March 1826. I suspect you can find it online on Family Search, probably in Book 7. Unfortunately that book isn't indexed.

If you find it I'd appreciate you sending me the Book and Page number so I can relocate it. Also, any other information you may have on William and his two wives. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic