Search for content in message boards

Happy Valley Farm Orphanage/Five Point

Happy Valley Farm Orphanage/Five Point

Posted: 1060550324000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1060581847000
Does anyone know where the records could be found for the Happy Valley Farm Orphanage that was in Pomona, NY (Rockland)? I believe it is now a golf course. I was looking to find records for the 1930's/1940's. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Happy Valley Farm Orphanage/Five Point

Posted: 1066915760000
Edited: 1066916975000
I have a couple emails you could try. I am also looking for information re. Happy Valley. (Which I have listed as being in Lisle, Broome County NY ... ?)

Just remove the "REMOVE" from the email :)
Nancy Canfied: ncanf@REMOVEsan.rr.com
Tom Riley: Caryer99@REMOVEcs.com

Nancy seems to have some sort of census from the place. So try her first.

Emails should still be active! Good luck!

Posted: 1098751296000
Hi - I'm not sure where the records could be found, but your post certainly brought back memories for me! In the early 1960's, my family moved to Spring Valley. My parents bought a house, but while we were waiting for the house closing, there was a short period of time when we had a temporary house in Pomona The kids from the Happy Valley School went to my junior high (Kakiat), and were on my bus.

The orphanage was DEFINITELY in Pomona, Rockland County, NY - not another area of NYS.

Posted: 1098855834000
Edited: 1130093223000
I have the census records for 1920 and 1930. What names are you looking for, I'll look them up and give you the info you want. Also, Tom Riley, a former resident, wrote a book about Happy Valley as the bulldozers approached. he found boxes of records, and gave them to the Orphan Train Historical Society for safe keeping. You can find their address on Google.com. I forwarded your inquiry to Tom, but here's his e-mail address.

Caryer99@cs.com

Nancy

Posted: 1334180212000
Am looking for Grace Doremus, who came in the 1920's-she's my
mother-please e-mail me at Joanhkline@yahoo.com

Posted: 1334181601000
DID YOU GET ANY INFORMATION ABOUT hAPPY vALLEY?_pLEASE CONTACT ME AT jOANHKLINE@YAHOO.COM

Posted: 1413432249000
Surnames: Andres, Andrikides
Hi. Hoping that someone has information on &/or records of Christine (Christina) Andres. She was born in 1927, and stayed in Clark Cottage with her sisters, Marie and Pat. I believe they were there around 1933. Their last name was originally Andrikides.

Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

Judy Posusney, née Pansini

Posted: 1420402487000
Do you still have those records from Happy Valley? I know its been quite a while since this thread was started.

Posted: 1432264134000
I am also looking for the same time frame. 1930,s-1940's. My mother lived at HV along with four siblings.

Posted: 1457365609000
I am looking for records for John Reiter and Elizabeth Reiter who were there in the early 1930s.

John was one of four boys who were sent to live in the NY office of the orphanage sponsoring agency in order to attend High School.

jameseoberg@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic