Search for content in message boards

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DO AN OBIT LOOK-UP!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DO AN OBIT LOOK-UP!!

Posted: 1199328311000
Classification: Query
I'm desperate to find an obit for the following. Can someone help me with this, PLEASE??

Rhoda Barker
Died: ___ Jun 1979, Naylor, Ripley Co.

I'd really like to find out what her maiden name was if you can help me with this also!!

Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

Patricia in Illinois

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DO AN OBIT LOOK-UP!!

Posted: 1199382673000
This may not be the person you are looking for. Let me know. My email address is jperren@alltel.net

Jen

Rhoda Barker
SSN: 495-56-8859
Last Residence: 63953 Naylor, Ripley, Missouri, United States of America
Born: 27 Jan 1897
Died: Jun 1979
State (Year) SSN issued: Missouri (1966 )

Elvis Y. Barker

DONIPHAN -- Elvis Y. Barker, 78, of the Doniphan area died Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004 at his residence.

Mr. Barker was born on July 2, 1926 in Advance and lived most of his life in Ripley County. He was a sawmill operator and enjoyed woodcrafts, hunting and fishing. He was a member of the New Hope Baptist Church and was a U.S. Army veteran, having served in World War II.

On March 5,1949, he married Mava Cox in Pocahontas, Ark. She survives.

Other survivors include three daughters, Mary Porter and husband, Dale, of Naylor, Brenda Martin and husband, Charles, of Pacific, and Jeannie Hawkins and husband, David, of Doniphan; two sisters, Evelene Nesbit of Doniphan and Gladys Fann of Walnut Ridge, Ark.; two brothers, Homer Leslie Barker of Lone Dell and Hardy Barker, Jr. of Doniphan; five grandchildren, Scott Porter, Craig Barker, Dustin Gielazauskas, Veronica Gielazauskas, and Jonathan Gielazauskas; and one great-grandchild, Ethan Porter.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Hardy Barker and *Rhoda Hendrickson Barker*; a sister, Ethel Fredrick; and a brother, Clyde Barker.

Visitation will be Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Fowler-Sullivan Memorial Chapel in Neelyville. The funeral service will be Thursday at 2 p.m. at the Fowler-Sullivan Chapel with Rev. Jim Nesbit officiating. Burial will follow in Cyclone Cemetery.

Posted: 1199383320000
Thats the correct family. Thank you so much!! From this obit I found out what Rhoda's maiden name was. Its very appreciated!!

Patricia in Illinois

Posted: 1199407035000
Most genealogical societies do lookups for a small fee as a donation to the society. You might try contacting them or the library where the newspapers and most genealogical references are stored. I do not know much about what is available in Ripley but would assume the best resource is the genealogical society or the library.

Posted: 1199409892000
Thank you for your suggestions!! I appreciate the help.

Patricia

Posted: 1373900382000
That would be my grandmother. Any other info id b happy to assist.

Posted: 1518997205000
Did you find the imformation you were looking for ? Rhoda is my Grandmother ..Homer Barker is my father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic