Search for content in message boards

Switzer

Switzer

Posted: 1198413664000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Switzer and Stout
I have a George A. Switzer with wife Icie Stout. I have them in Mills County for the 1920 federal census and the 1925 state census. I have newspaper references that they were in Lockridge, Henry County in 1927, 1930, 1934 but in Fairfield, Jefferson County in 1939. They were in Lockridge, Jefferson County for the 1930 federal census.

According to the 1920 federal census they had 3 children: Ralph, Lucille and Louetta.

The parents are buried in Lockridge, Jefferson County, IA.

Looking for any information on the ancestors/descendants of these people.

Thanks!

Martha

Re: Switzer

Posted: 1198422007000
Surnames: SWITZER, HORNING, JACKSON
According to the 1925 Malvern, Mills County census the parents of George Switzer are
Father:George A. Switzer, b. Ohio
Mother: Elizabeth E. Jackson, b.abt 1864,Iowa

The parents of Ruth (wife of George) are:
Father: John Kace,b. Indiana
Mother: Loretta Horning, b.abt 1866, Indiana

It looks like Icie is a second wife because in 1930 there is a step daughter living with George and Icie.

Constance

Posted: 1198422347000
Thanks!

The mother listed is correct, but the father isn't. His father was John Franklin Switzer and his mother was Elizabeth Emma Jackson. John Franklin is my ggrandfather. I think Icie's first husband was a Reason Messer, but I'm not sure.

Martha

Posted: 1198422350000
Thanks!

The mother listed is correct, but the father isn't. His father was John Franklin Switzer and his mother was Elizabeth Emma Jackson. John Franklin is my ggrandfather. I think Icie's first husband was a Reason Messer, but I'm not sure.

Martha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic