Search for content in message boards

JULIUS HAUBERT- HARNESS MAKER-1880

JULIUS HAUBERT- HARNESS MAKER-1880

Posted: 1178120109000
Classification: Query
Surnames: JULIUS HAUBERT-HARNESS MAKER-1880
Hi,
I'm looking for info on ..
JULIUS HAUBERT- b.17 July 1856 in Milwaukee County d. 20 Jan 1888 in Whitewater,Walworth County.
In 1880 ..He lived Fort Atkinson and he was also a harness maker.
I'm not looking for any info on his parents..just him.
What I'm looking for is any info on where he lived in Fort Atkinson..how long he lived there..and if he did any harness making there..if he had a shop there.
If he did I would like to find an advertistment in a local paper.
All replys will be answered

Re: JULIUS HAUBERT- HARNESS MAKER-1880

Posted: 1512141624000
Surnames: Haubert Seymer Gutmann Denker Rust Bergs Hauber Häuber Zimmerlin Maier Spindler
Local Fort Atkinson area papers might be found at NewspaperARCHIVE.com
Check with a local library for institutional access.

Adverts in early Milwaukee papers would be found through:
"19th Century U.S. Newspapers" (Gale)
- or -
"America's Obituaries & Death Notices" (NewsBank.com; searchable full editions through mpl.org)

Haubert family in the old Town of Lake (Milwaukee County) are found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). Celebrating 10 years!
https://encore.mcfls.org/iii/encore/record/C__Rb3327521

Related surnames are Seymer Gutmann Denker Rust Bergs - Hauber & Häuber names are also found in the index connected with surnames like Zimmerlin Maier Spindler.

Re: JULIUS HAUBERT- HARNESS MAKER-1880

Posted: 1556206115000
Surnames: Haubert, McComb, McMillen
Found in the Watertown (WI) Republican on the Chronicling America website (free):

Jun 11, 1879

Thos. McComb has sold his block near the bridge to Mr. J. Haubert, of Whitewater, for $1600. Mr. J. Haubert occupies a portion of the same with one of the Harness Shops in the county, and, we understand, contemplates erecting a respectable brick block on the ground sometime in the near future.

Oct 5, 1881

Some one broke a pane of glass out of Haubert's harness shop Tuesday night and helped themselves to what whips they wanted.

Dec 5, 1883

H C McMillen, of Johnson's Creek has bought the Haubert Block near the bridge. He contemplates the erection of a substantial brick block on the same lot. Should he do so it will prove a profitable investment.

Unfortunately, I found no advertisements for the Haubert harness shop. And, it's not clear whether the harness shop was in Watertown or Ft. Atkinson. But, maybe these snippets will help nail down the period when Mr Haubert was in Jefferson County.

Vanessa H.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic