Search for content in message boards

Lillian Worden - Cambridge Narrows, Queens County?

Lillian Worden - Cambridge Narrows, Queens County?

Posted: 1171306170000
Classification: Query
Hi,

Looking for a death date for Lillian (Elizabeth?) Worden who was born in Saint John in 1899 and died sometime after Mar. 1974 (according to her brother's obit - she was living in Cambridge Narrows, Queens County at that time).

Her parents were George and Annie (nee Roden) Worden. They are buried in Fernhill Cemetery, Saint John. Their son, Charles A. Worden is the one is died in 1974 and is buried in the Cambridge Narrows Baptist Cemetery.

Regards,
Jerry

Re: Lillian Worden - Cambridge Narrows, Queens County?

Posted: 1333599913000
Surnames: Worden, Travis, Phillips, Byers, Carpenter
I am looking for Charles A Worden Obituary and am wondering if you can assist me with this problem. I am trying to find out where he died. If Lillian is his sister ( Elizabeth) then she died in 1990. I for some reason can find no information on them.

Thank you, Loretta

Posted: 1333614114000
Hi Loretta,

Charles passed away March 12, 1974 in Sussex. Still no luck (after all these years) finding out exactly when his sister Lillian (Elizabeth) passed away in 1990.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Posted: 1333727263000
Cambridge Baptist Cemetery

WORDEN
Charles A. 1904 – 1974
His sister
Elizabeth 1900 – 1990

Posted: 1334018765000
Elizabeth was a dear friend of mine when I spent summers in Canada on my grandparents farm. She died in 1990. Her brother Charlie lived just down the road and I believe died in 1974. they are both buried in the WORDEN grave section of the baptist church in Cambridge Narrows.
Charlie was a ww1 vet, I saw some of his medals and insignia in the museum in Gage town. Elizabeth was a retired bookkeeper from NYC and was an avid weaver.She loved german shepherds and was the coolest old lady. I still think of her often.

Mitch Fenton

Posted: 1334018766000
Elizabeth was a dear friend of mine when I spent summers in Canada on my grandparents farm. She died in 1990. Her brother Charlie lived just down the road and I believe died in 1974. they are both buried in the WORDEN grave section of the baptist church in Cambridge Narrows.
Charlie was a ww1 vet, I saw some of his medals and insignia in the museum in Gage town. Elizabeth was a retired bookkeeper from NYC and was an avid weaver.She loved german shepherds and was the coolest old lady. I still think of her often.

Mitch Fenton

Posted: 1334054677000
Hi Mitch,

Thank you for replying. There seemed to be a lot of single women from New Brunswick who went to work in New York during the 1920's-1940's - probably not to the same level as the exodus of many NB'ers to Massachusetts during the later part of the 1800's.

Would you know when she passed away in 1990?

gully

Posted: 1334067385000
Gully, yes Elizabeth was a spinster, I don't think she was ever married but she had a small cottage directly across from my grand parents place. My grandmother was a carpenter, a huge family from up that way and your right all the girls but 2 left for the states, rhode island, NY and NJ.
Elizabeth was my buddy, she even taught me how to shoot a rifle.

Somewhere I have her obit in my grandmothers papers I will look tonight.
If your building a tree I would love to see it, I always wonderd about her family. In her senior years she would spend winters with her cousin who was a judge in Fredricton.

MF

Posted: 1334083466000
Surnames: Worden, Carpenter, Travis,Phillips
Thank you all for your reply's about Elizabeth Worden and her brother Charles.
FYI. My family is full of Carpenter's and Worden's who came over as Loyalist's in or about 1783.
I am searching for info on these two people for a cousin in Maine as we cannot get them into our tree though we know they are there.

Posted: 1334083764000
May I ask who was Elizabeth's cousin the judge as that may help us connect her to the tree. We seem to be banging our heads here.
The line of Worden's I come from are Gabriel, Isaac, ( Married Mary Carpenter), Archelaus Carpenter Worden , Archelaus Carpenter Worden, Archelaus Hebrew Worden , Archelaus George Worden ( Archie),Willard Eules Worden and me. I am following all the branches that I can . Thank you and take care .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic