Search for content in message boards

902 Burials/Phots for St Joseph Cemetery, Burlington, Vt

902 Burials/Phots for St Joseph Cemetery, Burlington, Vt

Posted: 1195837728000
Classification: Query
I have just added 902 burials with photos for St. Joseph Cemetery in Burlington Vt. There now is 1132 entries for this cemetery. These all can be located at the Free Site below:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=64...

Note that this cemetery is not complete, I was able to go recently and photograph what I could one afternoon. This is a fairly large cemetery and was opened about 1830 when the land was given by A W Hyde to the Catholics in Burlington (this was noted on his stone).

All surnames:

Abare, Ahearn, Allen, Andrews, Angolano, Arbuckle, Atkinson, Austin, Babcock, Bacon, Barra, Barett, Barron, Barry, Bashaw, Basiliere, Bearor, Bears, Beatty, Bennett, Bernardini, Bessette, Billups, Bissonette, Blair, Boardman, Bove, Boyle, Brault, Breen, Bridgeman, Brigham, Brodie, Brown, Brunell and Brunelle, Bryan, Brynes, Burke, Burns, Butler, Calowell, Campbell, Canton, Cardinal, Carney, Carroll, Cartier, Casey, Cassidy, Charland, Chase, Clark, Clay, Coeg, Collins, Collison, Conlin, Connell, Connor and Connors, Contois, Coonerty, Cooney, Coonrad, Corbett, Corey, Corley, Corrigan, Corvin, Cosvin, Cosgrove, Costello, Cotter, Crandall, Crooker, Cross, Crowley, Cummings, Cupolie, Curtis, Cushing, Cushman, Dady, Dahl, Dapo, Dapo-Charbonneau, Deady, Deforge, Delanley, Delorme, Demeritt, Deming, Denning, DePaul, Devoy, Dion, Dixon, Doheny, Dolan, Donahue, Donlin, Donnell, Donnelly, Dooley, Finn, Finnerin, Finnessy, Finnigan, Flangan, Flannery, Flood, Flynn, Foley, Francis, French, Frost, Gadue, Garrison, Garroty, Gaudreau, Gaynor, Gearin, Gelinas, George, Gerrish, Gillis, Gleason, Godin, Golden, Goodwin, Gorman, Greaney, Griffin, Grogan, Haley, Hall, Hallihan, Hanlon, Harney, Hartnett, Harvey, Haskins, Henessey and Hennesy, Hennigan, Hill, Hinkley, Hoffman, Hogan, Horton, Hoyt, Hunt, Hurson, Hyde, Hyland, Ignaszewski, Johnson, Kane, Keily, Kelley and Kelly, Kennedy, Khowry, Kidder, Killin, King, Kirby, Kirkbride, Kudiesy, LaBonte, LaClair and LaClare, LaCross, LaFlam, LaFontaine, Latagne, Laparl, LaPierre, LaRochelle, Latour, LaValley, Lavelle, Lavery, Lawrence, Lawrent, Leary, Lee, Lefevre, Leonard, Lessor, Leveigne, Linsenmeir, Lonergan, Ludwig, Lynch, Madigan, Mann, Marengo, Marrion, Martell, Martoni, Mason, Mazza, McAuliffe, McAvoy, McCaffrey, McCale, McCarty, McClane, McDonald, McDonnell, McElroy, McEvoy, McGarghan, McGetrick and McGettrick, McGillicuddy, McGinity, McGowan, McGrath, McGreevy, McHugh, McKanna, McKenna, McKeon, McKeough, McMahon, Medlar, Mercier, Meville, Michaud, Miles, Mills, Mitchell, Monniere, Moore, Moquin, Moran, Moylan, Muir, Mulcahy, Mulliken, Mullens, Mulqueen, Murphy, Myers, Nash, Navel, Newton, Nolan, Nowland, O'Brien, O'Brine, O'Connor, O'Donahoe, O'Grady, O'Halloran, O'Hara, O'Keefe, O'Malley, O'Mara, O'Neil, O'Sullivan, Obrine, Pecor, Perron, Phillips, Pickett, Pinney, Ploof, Poirier, Poulin, Powers, Pratt, Prince, Proctor, Provost, Prudenzano, Quilliam, Quinn, Quintin, Ravey, Ray, Ready, Reardon, Redington, Rhone, Rice, Roach, Robinson, Roche, Rose, Ross, Rounds, Roy, Russell, Ryan, Salois, Savage, Sawyer, Shea, Sheridan, Sibley, Simon, Skahen, Smith, Snow, Sourdiff, Sparks, St. Amour, St. Michel, Stackpole, Stafford, Starr, Stoll, Stone, Suitor, Sullivan, Tague, Tarney/Tierney, Taylor, Teague, Tetreau, Tooles, Trepanier, Tromblay, Trono, Tucker, Tulley, Varricchione, Veraneault, Walker, Wall, Walsh, Ward, Warren, Watson, Weingartner, Welch, Whalen, Wheeler, Whitney, Wiggins, Wilbur, Wilkinson, Williams, Winkel and Wood.

Re: 902 Burials/Phots for St Joseph Cemetery, Burlington, Vt

Posted: 1195913020000
Surnames: Delorme, Freeman/Foisy, Robinson
Thank you for posting this! I have ancestors from the Burlington area so it was great to be able to look at these burial listings.

Posted: 1195952008000
Surnames: Courcy, Lemere
Hi: My Great-Great Grandmother Helene (Berube)Courcy/Lemere is buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery according to Church Records but I spent one whole day looking for her grave without finding it. She died 16 Nov 1869.

Thanks for going to the trouble of researching the cemetery

Ted Richard

Posted: 1195953993000
Surnames: Berube, Courcy
Hi just saw your query and wondering if you have traced your gg grandmother Helene back into Canada? The reason I am asking is that my 5 great grandfather was Andre Berube who married Madeleine Courcy in 1801 in Ste Anne de la Pocatiere. They with their son Joseph and Fulgence moved down to Burlington and Winooski. Just wondering if there is a connection?

Regards,

Phil

Posted: 1195959070000
Surnames: Berube, Courcy, Lemere
I'll get back to you later tonight, yes I have info on both the Berube and Courcy/Lemere families. I have to help woife to bed and will look it up when I finish that.

Sounds like we are related way back

Ted Richard

Posted: 1195963227000
Surnames: Courcy, Berube
HI Again:

I checked my computer file which contains primarily people in my direct line but I did find a Madeleine (Courcy) Berube that died in Winooski sep 21 1876. I don't have any more on her, no parents, husband I have listed is Joseph Berube. As you probably know, male children were usually called Joseph as wel as other first name, also females usually had Mary/Marie as part of their names.

Tomorrow morning I will go out in the shed and look at my paper files to see if I have more on Andre and Madeleine. My Courcy and Berube families lived in La Pocatiere. I know when I was researching i had quite a bit of additonal info from censuses and believe I have an extract from a book, but I will look tomorrow. If you want you can reach me at skppr641@aol and we can excange info without tying up the message board.

I do recall when I was researching my Courcy/Berube connection in Burlington that there were additional Courcy families besides my Octave and Helene.

Will get back to you tomorrow evening

Ted Richard

Posted: 1195963229000
Surnames: Courcy, Berube
HI Again:

I checked my computer file which contains primarily people in my direct line but I did find a Madeleine (Courcy) Berube that died in Winooski sep 21 1876. I don't have any more on her, no parents, husband I have listed is Joseph Berube. As you probably know, male children were usually called Joseph as wel as other first name, also females usually had Mary/Marie as part of their names.

Tomorrow morning I will go out in the shed and look at my paper files to see if I have more on Andre and Madeleine. My Courcy and Berube families lived in La Pocatiere. I know when I was researching i had quite a bit of additonal info from censuses and believe I have an extract from a book, but I will look tomorrow. If you want you can reach me at skppr641@aol and we can excange info without tying up the message board.

I do recall when I was researching my Courcy/Berube connection in Burlington that there were additional Courcy families besides my Octave and Helene.

Will get back to you tomorrow evening

Ted Richard

Posted: 1207530804000
Surnames: Breault, Brault, Brough, Browe, Brow
Barb, you did an awesome job. I have many ancestors from the Burlington, Vermont area (of French origin). I'm a member of findagrave also. I was wondering if you are anywhere near Richmond, Vermont? I believe there is a St. Mary's Cemetery there, where a few of my ancestors are buried. The surname is "BROWE", however, since this is a French surname, it could be spelled as Brow, BROUGH, BRAULT, BREAULT, etc...

Posted: 1207564474000
Hi
I live in Franklin Co., and I don't get to Chittenden Co too often, but I will keep Richmond area in mind for my upcoming cemeteries to be worked on this year..

Barb

Posted: 1207564528000
Hi
I live in Franklin Co., and I don't get to Chittenden Co too often, but I will keep Richmond area in mind for my upcoming cemeteries to be worked on this year..

Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic