Search for content in message boards

Gnadenhutten Clay Union Cemetery

Gnadenhutten Clay Union Cemetery

Posted: 1291244905000
Classification: Query
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a resource that shows a plot map for this cemetery. Several of my ancestors are buried there and I want to stop on my way through Ohio during a holiday road trip but don't want to spend a lot of time trying to track down the individual graves. I'd appreciate any information. Thanks.

Re: Gnadenhutten Clay Union Cemetery

Posted: 1299789433000
Not sure if you found your answer. I know the name of the caretaker and contact info. I also have many photos of the cemetery.

Let me know if you still need info.

B Maxwell

Posted: 1299789442000
Not sure if you found your answer. I know the name of the caretaker and contact info. I also have many photos of the cemetery.

Let me know if you still need info.

B Maxwell

Posted: 1299799256000
I did find the ancestors I was looking for...luckily they were buried right next to the road or I might have been there for six days. LOL. I am trying to find out if there is an Abraham Gross buried there and if so, what his date of death is, if you happen to chat with your friend. Unfortunately, this historical society was closed when I went through there because it was wintertime. Thanks so much

Posted: 1299803344000
Hi, I have the Gnadenhutten Cemetery Book. There are Gross's there but no Abraham,

Robert B- 1880-1926
Anna J.- 1862-1930
B. Frank- 1847-1933
Benedict M. -1 Jan 1851-11 Oct 1861, buried at beersheba
Charles Willis- 5 Apr 1862-8 May 1864, buried Beersheba
Benedict M. 27 Feb 1818- 4 Feb 1909
Malinda, w/B.M.- 19 Dec 1823-12 Mar 1910

Not sure if any of this helps but that is what is in Gnadenhutten.
I do this as a profession now, 40 + years of experience. If you know of anyone who can use my services let me know. Thanks and Happy Hunting,

BabRhetta maxwell

Posted: 1299805370000
Thanks....Anna J., B. Frank, Benedict and Malinda are all my people...I found those graves. I was just taking a shot cuz Abraham and Anna Gross (Benedict's parents) emigrated to Tuscarawas County with their children but I cannot find out what happened to them...no death dates or anything.

If I find anyone who needs your services, I'll be sure to pass it along. Thanks for your reply.

Posted: 1299809211000
If you want to send me what info you have, where you have checked etc. I can do a quick look for you. I have a lot of different places back there to check things out.

Posted: 1299888972000
Thanks! Abraham Gross (b. 1773 in Switzerland) and Anna (Witschi) Gross (b. 1784 in Switzerland) arrived in the United States in 1833 with their six children. At some point, they settled in Tuscarawas County. I have no idea what happened to them after that and have not found anything. I have pretty much used every Internet source I can find, but not print sources because I live in Maryland and our libraries don't really stock books about Ohio.

Posted: 1299900205000
Hi,
I saw a plat map of land where Benedict owned a good bit. Will have to go back over and find info.

Write to me directly at finding_r_past@Hotmail.com and take the service out of the middle, put Gross as subject matter so I know it is you, What all have you found so I don't repeat your work, What have you checked, Census, etc?

B. Maxwell

Posted: 1333305196000
Surnames: Penn
I am looking for information on Abel Penn. I was told he was buried here. Would some one do a look up in the cemetery book for me?
Thank you

Terry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic