Search for content in message boards

SEDORAS, Joseph, 1800 & 1820 Cumberland County, PA.

SEDORAS, Joseph, 1800 & 1820 Cumberland County, PA.

Posted: 949233600000
Classification: Query
Edited: 994391313000
Surnames: Sedoris, Sedores, Sadoris, Sedorus
I am looking for info on Joseph Sedoras. He was listed in the 1800 Pennsylvania Census index as being in Cumberland County page 104. He is also listed as Joseph Sedores in the 1820 PA Census index as being in the same county page 41. I would like to find more information on him. I have seen this named spelled several different ways note the variations I have listed. If anyone has a connection to him or ANY other SEDORIS from PA PLEASE contact me directly. Thank You. Sam Sedoris

Joseph Sedores

James E. Saddoris (View posts)
Posted: 952516800000
Surnames: Joseph Sedores, Sedoris, Sadoris, Sedorus
My name is James E. Saddoris and I live in Montpelier, Ohio.
My family came from Pa. As far as we have gotten our "original" ancestor from Europe and is buried in a Lutheran Church Cemetery in Stoystown, Pa. He apparently had 3 sons that we know of (and possibly a fourth) during the time frame of l770's and 1780's. His name was Sartorius. The information I have gathered so far indicates 2 sons (George, of whom I'm descended) came west to Ohio with Henry Sadorus going on to Illinois. A third son, William Sadoris, is buried in Stoystown. He died in 1837. The 4th son apparently remained in Pa. All the sons apparently used different spellings of their last name. Suspect others probably used different spellings also. I suspect your Sedores and my Saddoris are connected. Let me know what you think. Perhaps we can exchange information. Many thanks and I shall be looking forward to hearing from you.

Sadoris

Diane Casali (View posts)
Posted: 961502400000
Surnames: Bertha Sadoris, Bertha Saddoris, Ed Sadoris, Ed Saddoris
I am looking for my great aunt who lived in Toledo Ohio in l925. I have never known what happened to her. Her husband was Ed, and that I know of, they never had any children. I thought since you were a Sadoris from Ohio, you may have heard of them. I hope you can help. It has been a great family mystery. Please email you if you have any knowledge. Diane

Sedoris in OH

Posted: 969883200000
Edited: 993493008000
Surnames: SEDORIS, SANDERS
James,
I am wondering if you have come across a Frederick Sedoris in OH, sometimes spelled Sedoras/Sedors/Sadorus and on and on. Frederick was b. abt. 1813 in Harrison County, OH; m. Mary Couch in 1832 in Harrison County. Frederick's father was William Sadourus, b. abt. 1787 in PA or OH, unsure as to which. I can give you info on Frederick on down.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic