Search for content in message boards

Mathis/Wilhite

Mathis/Wilhite

Posted: 1061076214000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1116374391000
Surnames: Mathis/Wilhite
Looking for any info on WILLIAM RILEY MATHIS married to BETTY J. WILHITE. Late 1800's. Children: Mary E., John, Eppienettis, Kinch, and Willem (f).

Re: Mathis/Wilhite

Posted: 1502650821000
Surnames: Mathis / Willhite
Are you still looking for info on the Mathis/Willhite family ? These are my g-grandparents and I have a lot of information on Betty(Elizabeth J) Willhite but still need more on Riley (William Riley) . I currently live in Kansas but grew up in rural Madison County with a Humboldt address. Looking forward to sharing if you are interested.

Re: Mathis/Wilhite

Posted: 1551868313000
Surnames: Mathis Hicks Garrett
John
I noticed the Mathis family in your post.
My Hicks family were somehow joined to the Mathis family of Beaverdam Creek near Aetna Hickman County.
Near Aetna are two landmarks that I have discovered Hicks Hollow and Mathis Hollow.
The Hicks and Mathis families Elizabeth Hicks and Nancy Mathis were together with there families but after the Civil War all trace disappeared.
It was from 1830 until 1850 they were there as well as another family I am connected to the Garretts. Levi Garrett was a bit of a no-hoper according to the transcripts of the Hickman County Pioneers.
Not sure if you know anything about my families but if you do please touch base.
Elizabeth Hicks was married to John Hicks the son of early settler Littleberry Hicks, Johns son Alexander (1834-1909) left the family at age 15 to chase the gold in 1849 first to California and then to Australia arriving in 1854 and never returned even tho he was rich enough to do so. His father John died in Aetna in 1846-47 and as he didnt have much chance at his age left them all to discover the world. Very daring for a 15 year old back then.
Thanks for listening hope you may be able to shed some light for me.
Rick
Gold Coast Queensland Australia.
PS Travelling to Aetna later this year to do some digging.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic