Search for content in message boards

Daniel King... son of John (Peter?) King

Daniel King... son of John (Peter?) King

Posted: 1369399473000
Classification: Query
Surnames: King, Kimmel, Wurtenberger, Snyder/ Schneider
John and Magdalena Schnieder King married and moved eventually to the Waseca area of MN
Before They married in PA, John had two children by his first wife: Daniel and Martha... I cannot find any records of his first wife (if they were in fact married) and after he left Daniel and Martha with people in OH, I cannot find Martha. Daniel was born in 1840 and served in the Civil War. He was about 4 years older than Martha. they were placed with separate families... some census show them with Kimmels and Wurtenburgers... Does anyone have records of Daniel' mother or sister?

Re: Daniel King... son of John (Peter?) King

Posted: 1372431809000
Classification: Query
Surnames: King, Grisso, Snyder
We have a John Peter King, b.26 Dec 1815, Sugar Creek, Armstrong PA, d.06 May 1896 McIntosh, Polk, MN in our family. He married "Lydia ??" in Ohio but we have no more information on the marriage date or location. While living in Ohio, John Peter King and Lydia ?? had a son, Daniel John King in Oct, 1840. Specific date or place is unknown. They moved to Laketon, Wabash County, Indiana. where we assume Lydia died (no record found yet) and John Peter King returned to Ohio, eventually marrying Magdalene Snyder. Daniel (and his sister?) were apparently taken care of in Laketon, IN by a friend or neighbor or acquaintance until adulthood. Daniel John King lived in Laketon, Indiana for the remainder of his life. He died in 1919. Daniel was married on 16 Feb 1869 in Wabash, Indiana to Mary Magdalene Grisso, b. 28 Mar 1847 in Clark County, OH, d.18 Mar 1944 in North Manchester IN. I believe Daniel was a Union soldier and also a farmer in Laketon, IN.
Daniel and Mary are my great grandparents. I have been researching for over a year to find more information about John Peter King and his predecessors. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.
Our John Peter King did move with Magdalena to Waseca area of MN. Sincerely, Larry L. Thompson, Fort Wayne IN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic