Search for content in message boards

Bossie Duncan of Lakewood Plantation(Surfside Beach area)

Bossie Duncan of Lakewood Plantation(Surfside Beach area)

Posted: 1336568636000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duncan
If anyone has information about Bossie Duncan, husband of Bessie P. Duncan, 12 July 1893--2 October 1956,(buried Hillcrest cemetery Conway) please let me know. Mr.Duncan worked as manager of Lakewood Plantation and what is now Lakewood Campground, Surfside Beach area. If anyone has any information, especially a photograph, possibly a memory, just any bit of information that can help, please share that with us. Also,any iformation regarding the plantation will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Bossie Duncan of Lakewood Plantation(Surfside Beach area)

Posted: 1336704075000
What was Bossie's given name? I have a cousin that lived at Lakewood in the 1950s, before it was a campground.
I have sent him this info. He may have memory he can share.
It will be several days before hearing from him.

Posted: 1336736237000
Barbara,thank you for your reply.I believe that Bossie was his given name.The Parker family (grandson who lives in Georgetown)will appreciate any information that can be given.Please ask your cousin if he might have any photos.Mr.Parker does not have any of his grandfather.Thank you very much.

Posted: 1336829065000
Have you contacted Ocean Lakes Campground about the history of Lakewood Plantation? Ocean Lakes and Lakewood Campgrounds make up a part of the old Lakewood Plantation.
Ocn Lakes is located where the Platts lived. In fact their home is still there, and owned by the family.

Posted: 1336835119000
Yes,Mr.Parker is talking with the owners and they are trying to help him as best they can.We hope that your cousin can provide more information.Thank you for your reply.

Posted: 1338601383000
My cousin did remember hearing the name, but never got to meet him.
I hope you find something about Mr. Duncan

Posted: 1338698413000
I believe he was Joseph H. Duncan son of Luke R Duncan and Demaris Turbeville who lived in the Socastee area. His wife was Bessie Perry.

Posted: 1339636500000
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db...

Check this web site. It list many names of deceased Horry County persons. Joseph Duncan is listed.

Posted: 1347454863000
Obit. in today's newspaper (9/12/2012) Sun News, Myrtle Beach,SC), there is notice of the passing of Lorrine Duncan Parker. She is listed as the daughter of Bossie Duncan.
Hope this will be some help to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic