Search for content in message boards

Sallie Barclay Mann 1855-1899

Sallie Barclay Mann 1855-1899

Posted: 1365360563000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1365395002000
Surnames: Barclay Mann
I have found a Sallie Barclay in my family tree who was born in May 1855. I have cross referenced this Sallie with other family trees who have her listed also as Sarah Jane Barclay whose parents were Walter Barclay and Elizabeth Jane Foster. Now, hopefully this doesn't become too confusing because Walter and Elizabeth are my 5th-great-grandparents so they are also in my family tree.

It so happens that they (Walter and Elizabeth Jane) did have a Sarah Jane Barclay who was also born in May 1855. Their Sarah Jane was born May 18, 1855 and died in 1929. She also married a man with last name Mann... and they (Sarah Jane and John P. Mann) are both buried in Mann Cemetery in Tyler County.

Now, Sallie Barclay was born May 11, 1855 and she married James Mann and they are buried in Mount Zion Cemetery in Tyler COunty, Texas. Sallie died in 1899. I have found death certificates for three of her children listing her as Sallie and their father as James Mann of Tennessee. However, one of her children (Elizabeth Mann Morgan) lists her mother as Sarah Barclay.

But, now I can't seem to find Sallie's parents. All the trees I found listed on ancestry.com link this Sallie to Walter and Elizabeth Jane Foster Barclay, which I believe are the incorrect parents.

Anyone with any information on this Sallie Barclay Mann?

Thanks in advance,
Juliet

Re: Sallie Barclay Mann 1855-1899

Posted: 1370544865000
I have the family bible of Sarah Jane Barclay Mann (Sallie).
It has all the chilren born/with dates. She is my great
grandmother.The eldest daughter is my grandmother. Her parents are buried in the Mt. Zion cemetery.

Posted: 1377035580000
Hello,

Do you have a photocopy of the Family Bible birth/death entries? I would love to have a copy!

Or could you list the names/dates?

Thanks,
Juliet Morgan

Posted: 1377106609000
I could send you a copy of the names. My house is being remodeled and I put the family Bible in a safe place until I'm finished. How are you connected to Sarah Barclay? I do not have the deaths but I am tracking them down as I get time because most are in Tyler Co. I have a life size framed picture of one of Sarah's daughter that died young.
Her married name was Tucker. I do not have the info in front of me. She did not have any children.

Posted: 1377107198000
Hi again,

Sallie Barclay Mann is more of a remote relation to me. Tracking her ancestors down is more of an elimination process to differentiate her from Sarah Barclay Mann, who is a direct ancestor. However, the Mann's did also marry into the Morgan family, which is also a direct ancestor of mine. It's very confusing and I'm trying to detangle it all. :)

I'm patient so when you're done remolding, please contact me.

Thanks,
Juliet

Posted: 1377108745000
I will.

Shirlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic