Search for content in message boards

Death of Jordan/Parsons family at Chalk Hill

Death of Jordan/Parsons family at Chalk Hill

bs (View posts)
Posted: 1073271498000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jordon, Parson, Brandel,Chapman, Horn, Williams, Wright
Five reisdents of the Chalk Hill Community near Doe Run were shotgunned to death early last Thursday Morning, Oct 28 1971, in what is regarded as St Francois County's worse such incident in may years.
Local,state, and federal authorities are still looking for Eugene Wright, 55, of Chalk Hill for questioning in connection with the murders.
Wright, a neighbor of the five murdered people is beleived to have disappeared about the time the killings took place. A note was found in Wright's car parked in the driveway. Contents of the note have not been made available to the news media.
Murdered victims were identified as Tracy Parsons, 70, and his wife Grace 74, John E Jordon 71 his sister-in-law Mrs Ollie a Jordon 60 and Mrs Jordons grandson, Raymond H Jordon 18. Young Jordon was home on leave from the U.S. Ait Force.
Residents of the comunity were awakened in the early hours last Thursday morning by a fire at the Jordon's home.
Efforts of the Doe Run fire department to save the house were in vain. and the Jordons were known to be in the house when it burned. Later investgations revealed that the Jordons were shot before the fire.
The bodies of Mr and Mrs Parsons were discovered by Mrs Alice Horn, a lifelong friend of the Parsons, when she went to the Parsons home to see if they were alright. The Parsons had not been seen during the commotion caused by the fire. The Parsons home is located across the road from where the Jordon home burned.
The Parson's great granson 11 month old Glen Owen Williams, was found unharmed sleeping in the baby crib in the bedroom where his great-grandparents were killed.
According to authorities, the house which the Jordons lived may be the motive for the murders.
The home was originally owned by Mrs Minnie Brandel, Wright's mother, who willed the house to Wright and a sister Mrs Imogene Chapman of the Festus area. Through court proceedings Mrs Chapman obtained posession of the house. She later tried to sell the house but could not find a buyer. She then rented the house to the Jordans. The Jordans moved into the house Wednesday.
Sheriff Ken Buckley reported to the LBN at press time today that searches for Wright are still being conducted by his office. Sheriff Buckley stated that he had no idea where Wright might be or if he is even in this area.

Re: Death of Jordan/Parsons family at Chalk Hill

Posted: 1390949102000
I am the grand daughter of Raymond wright & I am researching our family my father is Hershel wright I am so sorry what mr.wright has done I only remember the fbi comeing to home in ft. worth texas on Halloween 1971 please I would realy like to know what happened my family never would talk about it please if u can help me my name is Kathy wright crowe I am on face book thank u Kathy crowe

Posted: 1398274059000
kathy I lived on chalk hill knew several of wrights also grandma(williams) parsons and eugene wright

Posted: 1543509100000
Does anyone know any follow up info on trial or the families involved?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic