Search for content in message boards

William Michael Mclean

William Michael Mclean

Posted: 1445823682000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1445895058000
Surnames: Aiton, Eaton, Mclean
I am looking for information on William Michael Mclean - m. Harriet (Nettie) Aiton (Eaton) b. 1893 d. 1937 I can not find any information on him other than his marriage certificate and his children's birth certificates - Jabez (John, Jack, Jake) Mclean, Thomas William Mclean, and William Mclean

My email address is jbrrougeau@yahoo.com

Re: William Michael Mclean

Posted: 1445896778000
Not conclusive, but possibly worth following up on are:

1. HARRIET (HALLER?) ELIZABETH AITON (McKAY) b. DEC1893, m. Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 28JAN1911 WILLIAM MICHAEL McLEAN (b. Dalhousie, Restigouche Co., NB JUN1871), s/o Hector and Mary (McGraw/McGrath) McLean.
William and Hattie are likely the couple in Newcastle Parish in 1911, William (JUN1871) and ‘Halter’ (DEC1893) McLean.
At:
http://boards.ancestry.ca/localities.northam.canada.newbruns...
is:

“Alexander, Euphemia Josephine, Florence Margaret, Catherine , Walter , Argyle, Helena.
“I know that Isabella Ann ( m James Wister, lived in Fredericton, Mary Jane m Wm Donnelly, lived in Maine, Hector m Ellen Barry, lived in Newcastle, William m Hattie Aiton, lived in Newcastle.
“Its possible that more of them settled in York Co.
“They were all born in Dalhousie area, then moved to Newcastle. Parents were Hector McLean & Mary McGrath.”

The father, Hector McLean, may have been the same b. Dalhousie ca. 1857, d. Northwest Bridge, Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 13FEB1941 age 83 years. The son of Hector and Mary Ellen (McLean) McLean, his father was from Nova Scotia and his mother was from Chatham Parish, Northumberland Co., NB. A son was Ernest McLean of Northwest Bridge. He was buried in St. Mary’s Cemetery in Newcastle and had lived in Newcastle Parish for 65 years. His wife was likely Mrs. Hector McLean b. Northesk Parish, Northumberland Co., NB ca. 1859, d. Bridgetown, NB 4JUN1928 age 69 years, buried St. Mary’s Cemetery. Her parents were James Barry and Julia Dennis, both from Ireland, and her son was John McLean. This would make them Hector and Ellen (Barry) McLean whose daughter, Bernadette McLean, was born in Northesk Parish 6JUN1898. In the posting above, Hector is the younger Hector, and apparently a brother of William Michael McLean. In Newcastle Parish, in 1901, Hector, Jr. was b. 14DEC1859. In 1891, he was age 31 years.
The family was in Newcastle Parish before 1883. Specifically, in 1881, Mary McLean (49) was a widow with Alexander (26), Euphemia (24), Mary Jane (22), Hector (21), Margaret (18), Kate (16), Walter (14), William (11) and Helena (9).
In 1871, however, Hector (50) and Mary (38) ‘McLain’ were in Dalhousie Parish, Restigouche Co., NB with Alexander (17), ‘Uphemia’ (14), Mary Jane (12), Hector (10), ‘Florance’ (8), Catherine (6), Walter (4) and Argyle (NOV1870). Hector, Sr. was from PEI and Mary was from NB. At the time, Hector and the children were Presbyterian and Mary was Catholic. In 1881 they were all Catholic.
In Dalhousie Parish in 1861, Hector (40) and Mary (30) McLean had Isabella (8), Alexander (7), Euphemia (6), Mary Jane (4) and Hector (1). Hector, Sr. was b. Prince Edward Island.
Hector McLean, then residing in Campellton, Restigouche Co., NB, m. Bathurst, Gloucester Co., NB 22MAR1852 Miss Mary McGraw of Chatham Parish, Northumberland Co., NB.
It may be worth noting that Agnes Sinclair McLean, widow of Hector McLean, d. Lot 16, PEI 22JUL1893 age 99 years. Also, Hector McLean b. 1MAR1821 was baptized in St. Paul’s, Charlottetown, PEI 14JUL1821 the son of Alex and Anne (McKinnon) McLean. The latter are said to be the parents of the Hector McLean who married Mary McGraw.
If Mary McGraw/McGrath (b. ca. 1831-3) was actually born in Chatham Parish, the she was most likely the Mary McGraw (ca. 1830), in the Town of Chatham in 1851 as:

McGraw Bridget F Wife 49 Irish Tavern Keeper 1822
McGraw Mary F Daughter 21 Irish Birth
McGraw Anas: F Daughter 16 Birth
McGraw Cathr F Daughter 14 Birth
McGraw Walter M Son 13 Birth
McGraw Michl M Son 8 Birth

There was, however, a servant, Mary McGraw, b. ca. 1831 in Chatham in 1851, but she was born in Ireland and arrived in 1845. Other variations are McRaw, McCraw, etc., but I see nothing relevant in 1851. A possible husband for Bridget is Thomas McGraw who d. Chatham Parish 23AUG1848 age 48 years.

Children:
11. JABEZ ALEXANDER McLEAN b. Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 14MAY1912.
12. THOMAS WILLIAM McLEAN b. Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 13MAR1914.
13. MARY McLEAN b. Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 25AUG1919, d. Miramichi Hospital, Newcastle, Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 31JAN1940 age 20 years, buried St. Mary’s Cemetery, Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB.
14. HECTOR McLEAN b. and d. Newcastle Parish, Northumberland Co., NB 4JAN1922 age 2 hours.

Thomas.

Posted: 1445901365000
Thank you! Jabez Alexander Mclean b. 1912 d. 1993 m. Mary Sophia Devine - my maternal grandparents....Harriet's marriage certificate had Robert crossed out and JB Aiton after - so was not sure what happened to JB. A JB Aiton did appear in Seattle in the 1910 Seattle census - but am not sure if its the same man....he's listed as single, not divorced. Google searches aren't as effective for my maternal relatives.....thank you very much for your help!! :-D

Posted: 1528220097000
Surnames: Mclean, Aiton
Hi Jacquie,
Your email address is not working for me. Can you please email me at sljanzen at gmail dot com. We are researching the same Mcleans and Aitons. I'd love to chat with your and swap a little info.
Cheers,S
per page

Find a board about a specific topic