Search for content in message boards

WWI Draft Registration Lookup - Joseph Harvey Holt

WWI Draft Registration Lookup - Joseph Harvey Holt

Posted: 1359073604000
Classification: Query
He was born July 8, 1898 I believe AK. I think his draft card is in Grady, OK. Can't find him before 1930. Thank you. Barbra

Re: WWI Draft Registration Lookup - Joseph Harvey Holt

Posted: 1504578314000
I saw your Family Tree.

There is a 1920 Census and a Marriage Certificate. You have all the other information that I saw.

According to the 1930 Census he didn't serve in WWI. It is not a definite; because many men had reasons that if they did serve and had a dishonorable discharge or was put out of the service for some other reason. I am not saying this is the case. I am only giving an example of why they might say that they had not served on the census.

Most men if they served would list that they had served because they were proud of that fact and wanted on their record in the census or just stating a fact that they had served.

Again it is the 1920 census and a marriage certificate that exist. You might want to do another search. There is also a WWII registration. They are all on Ancestry.

God Bless and God Speed,
Danny

Posted: 1504656916000
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 1504734085000
Joseph Harvey Holt registered for the WW1 draft in Alex, Grady, OK on Sep 12, 1918. He was 19, DOB Jul 6, 1899, white, natural born citizen, a farmer. Nearest relative was George Holt also of Alex. He was medium in height and build, had grey eyes and brown hair. Couldn't write as he made his mark.

Posted: 1504671260000
Rhodes;
They have quite a bit of info and that is one of the pieces they have. You might check the Family trees. Save you some research.

God Bless,
Danny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic