Search for content in message boards

Floyd Jowett

Floyd Jowett

Posted: 1370665050000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1370666579000
Surnames: Floyd Jowett
Hello,
I am trying to create a family tree. My grandfather Anthony Floyd born 1896 in County Cork Ireland married Elizabeth Jowett born 1904 Glasgow Scotland. My grandmother had a brother Mat and sister Mary. My grandparents lived in Carluke Scotland where they had a daughter Elizabeth MacDonald Floyd. They emigrated to Melbourne Australia in 1927 on the ship Euripdes. There they had a daughter May. Any info would be most welcome. I can be contacted at ron.quill@hotmail.com

Re: Floyd Jowett

Posted: 1370716712000
Hi There,
I found an Anthony FLOID,(the only one)listed 1911 census Carluke,Scotland, family all born Ireland apart from his two youngest sisters Mary and Maggie both born Carluke.
Father Patrick 48, mother Mary 44,
Children-:Catherine 23, Patrick J 21 , Jeannie 18, Anthony 16, Hugh 14, Charles 12, Mary 10 and Maggie 8.
Address was Station Cottages, Carluke. Patrick worked as a Plate Layer on the Caledonian Railway.The couple had been married for 24 yrs and had 8 children all living. There is a James ?Vallay living as a boarder with the family also born Ireland aged 36yrs ???relative.
Same census for the Jowett Family in Carluke lists father Matthew 38, Elizabeth 32,children-: ?Ann Jane 13yrs b.England, Mary 11,Matilda 9, Elizabeth 7 b.Greenhill, Georgina 4,George McDonald Jowett 8 months. Father born England, Mother born Greenhill, Lanarkshire, Scotland. It does say they had 8 Children but only 7 survived so presuming another already away from home??
Hope this helps a wee bit
Louise in Ayrshire

Posted: 1370740592000
Surnames: Jowett Floyd Floid
Louise,
Thank you very much. There are aspects of this that are helpful. For example my grandmother Elizabeth Jowett did have a brother George and on reflection it was my grandfather Anthony who had a sister Mary that I knew. I also know that my grandmother lost a child during birth. Interesting that there may have been a name change from Floid to Floyd but not uncommon in those days. I will do a bit more searching thanks to you.
Regards,
Ron Quill in Sydney Australia

Posted: 1558498486000
Surnames: Jowett
Hi Ron, my name is Danny Jowett, my Grandfather was George Jowett, brother of Elizabeth, Matilda, Alexander and Matthew, my father is George Jowett Jnr, born 1936 to George Jowett Snr and his then wife Audrey (Hocking) Jowett, don't know a great deal but maybe able to fill in some gaps for you, your Grandmother was my Dad's Aunty Lizzi.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic